Just got back from the plastic surgeon

Road Runner

I can't see my back but everything else looks ok.  My visit with my dermatologist is next month, she can check my back then.  She will probably chew me out because I still seem to have a tan in spite of using a whole case of sun block spf 50.  I'll try to convince her it's my natural pigmentation. :whistle:

• Heart 1

I can't see my back but everything else looks ok.  My visit with my dermatologist is next month, she can check my back then.  She will probably chew me out because I still seem to have a tan in spite of using a whole case of sun block spf 50.  I'll try to convince her it's my natural pigmentation. :whistle:

I told my surgeon that I tend to get out in the sun a lot and usually get a tan every summer.  She didn't seem to think this was likely the cause of my melanoma.  She said that it could have been from a bad sunburn at a young age or from just a breakdown in my immune system.  I did get a very bad sunburn when I was about 20 that I almost had to go to the hospital for.  Very nasty. 

Anyway, I got the impression that she didn't think that getting a little sun (within reason) is all that dangerous. 

Good news for sure!  Where was it?  

I had a weird mole right on my hip, an area that would always be covered by a bathing suit.  Probably 15 years ago a dermatologist remove as a precaution, it turned out to be nothing.  But he must have left a little on each side, because over the years it has grown so now I have two moles with a while scar in the middle.  I noticed recently they have got a little bigger and are rough, I guess I should have them checked out, but I wonder if it can be nothing one year and then years down the road turn out to be something not so nice?

Good news for sure!  Where was it?  

On the left front side of my abdomen, just below the rib cage.

I had a weird mole right on my hip, an area that would always be covered by a bathing suit.  Probably 15 years ago a dermatologist remove as a precaution, it turned out to be nothing.  But he must have left a little on each side, because over the years it has grown so now I have two moles with a while scar in the middle.  I noticed recently they have got a little bigger and are rough, I guess I should have them checked out, but I wonder if it can be nothing one year and then years down the road turn out to be something not so nice?

That doesn't sound like a problem to me, but when in doubt, see a doctor.  It can't hurt.

The info that I got off of the internet that triggered me to go and finally have it looked at:

If the mole is irregular in shape with poorly defined edges and the pigment is blackish or the pigment varies within the mole.  Also if the mole is growing in size and larger than a pencil eraser.

Mine was all of these things.   :(