Television Dichotomy

jsharr

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I am bouncing back-and-forth between NASCAR racing in the rain on our road course in Austin Texas to golfing in Hilton head or Kiawah Island or wherever it is being golfed at

Let's go sidecar racing in the rain and I will show you who has balls 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

17 hours ago, jsharr said:

I am bouncing back-and-forth between NASCAR racing in the rain on our road course in Austin Texas to golfing in Hilton head or Kiawah Island or wherever it is being golfed at

Well?  Results?  I'm guessing the pansified NASCAR is like the pansified NHL so there were no good crashes.  And golf? Well, that's literally the dictionary definition of "pansified", so we just need to know if it was Kiawah Island or Hilton Head, since that's about as interesting as golf can get (on TV).

50 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Well?  Results?  I'm guessing the pansified NASCAR is like the pansified NHL so there were no good crashes.  And golf? Well, that's literally the dictionary definition of "pansified", so we just need to know if it was Kiawah Island or Hilton Head, since that's about as interesting as golf can get (on TV).

NASCAR raced in the rain, on slicks for some of it.  Cindric put on a clinic early in the race.  In the later stages, the spray made visibility horrible and there were a few crashes.  Kurt Busch somehow missed two cars by threading the needle going into a corner too hot with locked brakes and no steering.  Race finished under yellow, so there was that.

Phil held it together to the end to win, but he made it exciting with a few errants drives.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Wow. That's exciting!

Who, what, where, when, how, and why?  I think you got the "who" about 50%, so let us know the rest please.  Thanks.

The crash leading up to the race finishing under yellow was pretty scary.

Phil is a privileged white male with lots of money and free time to do the golfing.  He is older and other older privileged white males enjoyed seeing him do the winning golfing at a private course in an exclusive area of the South.  Beer was drunk and yells were yelled and Phil did some non chalant thumbs up signs to acknowledge them.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The crash leading up to the race finishing under yellow was pretty scary.

Phil is a privileged white male with lots of money and free time to do the golfing.  He is older and other older privileged white males enjoyed seeing him do the winning golfing at a private course in an exclusive area of the South.  Beer was drunk and yells were yelled and Phil did some non chalant thumbs up signs to acknowledge them.

So, IOW, you wasted your Sunday :(