YIB

jsharr

3 minutes ago, denniS said:

Hello 1992! Are those Onza bar ends? That roller cam stem has to be at least 120 mm. 

Sweet bike. I'll bet you'll make it sing. Those bikes are indestructible. It looks like it's in great condition.

I think they are but they do not have Onza end plugs in them. Yeah the roller cam stem is gigantic but not sure what I can get to replace it with. It’s also bling doubt with the red color theme. Red seat post clamp, red  stem, red nipples,red pedals, red bar ends.

Guy I bought it from was from the UK. He bought it when he lived in England. He pointed out to me that they do left rear brake right front brake so I had to change those around today.

12 minutes ago, denniS said:

Hello 1992! Are those Onza bar ends? That roller cam stem has to be at least 120 mm. 

Sweet bike. I'll bet you'll make it sing. Those bikes are indestructible. It looks like it's in great condition.

Short top tube, long stem & steep head tube angle! Not to mention 26” wheels. Yeah boy!

Cool find @jsharr enjoy the rebuild!

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I think they are but they do not have Onza end plugs in them. Yeah the roller cam stem is gigantic but not sure what I can get to replace it with. It’s also bling doubt with the red color theme. Red seat post clamp, red  stem, red nipples,red pedals, red bar ends.

Guy I bought it from was from the UK. He bought it when he lived in England. He pointed out to me that they do left rear brake right front brake so I had to change those around today.

My GF has an old Lightspeed with the same issue. We found a short reach, high rise 1" stem that fixed the issue. Something like this.

Profile Design Bike Quill Stem SILVER 26.0x90mm 1" 20 Degree High Rise

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

$60 in THIS MARKET?!?!?!!?!?!?

How is that possible????

The bike is 30 years old. Jsharr is just the master at finding bargains or he swindled an old lady. 

It is a mt. bike and it's possible the owner realized Texas has zero mountains and only one natural lake in the state.

• Heart 2

She was a late  30s male from England.  His new rig is a Yeti.  Also had a new full squishy Specialized hanging in the garage.

I think he was some sort of law enforcement agent as he had a solid black Chevy Tahoe with a push bumper double spotlights and LEDs mounted in the grill.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Isn't that every yahoo down there in TX with a Tahoe or Explorer?  Or is this another letdown from TX?

My oldest son drives a white tahoe with a black push bar that came from a police vehicle and solid black rims.  The mud tires and loud exhaust help keep it from looking totally like a cop car.    I drive a Chrsyler 300.  Maybe he can pull me over and frisk me? 

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

$60 in THIS MARKET?!?!?!!?!?!?

How is that possible????

So it was listed at $30 and I asked if it was available.  Immediately got a message that the price had changed.  He went to $75 so again I asked if it was available and if the price was firm at 75.

He replied it was available and price was not firm.  I offered $60 and he took it.  Maybe I should have offered $50?  Anyway, for $60 I sent him funds via an app and went to pick it up the next day.

I could not believe the price either, but the guy had a NICE big house and a driveway full of cars and had two really nice modern MTB's hanging in the garage.  Said he just needed room and that it was just hanging in the garage, not being ridden.

Forks have a slow leak.  It is rough and shows its age in places.  Need to tear it down and check all the bearings.  Chain is touch too short.  It will not go big ring and big cog, but I would never ride it like that, but the kid I plan to give it to, if I can bear to part with it might.

Cables appear to be newish so hope to reuse them.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I could not believe the price either, but the guy had a NICE big house and a driveway full of cars and had two really nice modern MTB's hanging in the garage.  Said he just needed room and that it was just hanging in the garage, not being ridden.

No bitchin' about home maintenance?  Did you spot a cool new pressure washer in the garage?  Maybe being in LEA is good money if done the right way :scratchhead: