I don't normally wish bad things on people

Square Wheels

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

but I wouldn't be sad if Tom Wilson never played hockey again.

At least he went home for the summer.

I was rooting for the Bruins. The Caps are an easier matchup for the Pens (assuming we get past the Isles), but I fully expected Wilson to ruin someone’s playoffs with a cheap hit if he got past this round. Now I just have to worry about hockey plays, not expected head shots.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I don't know who Tom Wilson is.

...and nor do I care. :)

He lost me for good after "hockey" :D

But, I'm not really even sure why hockey has become all pansified in my life-time. Pads. Helmets. Rules. Refs. It's all so dopey.  LET EM PLAY!!!!

28 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That’s not really the league anymore. CTE (and former fighter’s suicides) have curtailed it a lot. Not eliminated, and hits to the head still happen, but it’s down, a lot.

And sooooooo boring now :)  Honestly, the league has to make a choice between NO fights, NO illegal checking, NO specific dangerous action (aka zero tolerance) or maybe embrace a MMA "give folks what they want" model.

9 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...and nor do I care. :)

He lost me for good after "hockey" :D

But, I'm not really even sure why hockey has become all pansified in my life-time. Pads. Helmets. Rules. Refs. It's all so dopey.  LET EM PLAY!!!!

It's not that I don't care It's I don't follow a lot of sports on or really watch a lot of TV general. 

When watching the local news and the sports part of the news comes on I stop paying attention or turn the channel. I very seldom watch the Green Bay channels because everything is Aaron Rogers. If Aaron Rogers farts it makes the news.

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Same problem all the collision sports have, athletes have gotten bigger, stronger & faster over the last 20 years and there is only so much protection PPE can offer, a 1' thick crumple zone can only dissipate so much energy/deceleration.

11 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

If it this were true, and if only it had happened on the first game of the season.

11 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Is that the cheap shot dude?  

Yup

As of March 6, no player in the NHL has been penalized more since Wilson entered the league in 2013. Of his 333 penalties (regular-season only) during that span, more than 20 percent have been majors (72). They add up to 1,052 minutes, including 16 misconducts and two match penalties. Only three other players (Antoine Roussel, Cody McLeod and Evander Kane) have more than 700 penalty minutes. Again, these figures don't even include his postseason misbehavior.

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

If it this were true, and if only it had happened on the first game of the season.

Yup

As of March 6, no player in the NHL has been penalized more since Wilson entered the league in 2013. Of his 333 penalties (regular-season only) during that span, more than 20 percent have been majors (72). They add up to 1,052 minutes, including 16 misconducts and two match penalties. Only three other players (Antoine Roussel, Cody McLeod and Evander Kane) have more than 700 penalty minutes. Again, these figures don't even include his postseason misbehavior.

Well, somebody's gotta be number one.

12 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

but I wouldn't be sad if Tom Wilson never played hockey again.

The Boston Bruins are very happy that he's playing against them for the Washington Capitals in the playoffs!

Of course, he's created a some enemies on the ice.

39 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You're just pretending not to like hockey because the Caps are gone now.

I suspect round 2 won't start until June.

Stanley Cup will be in July

I'd be a Flyers guy, but I haven't seen a 12string post on them doing anything worthwhile, so I know to wait until next year.  I derive extreme pleasure from the Caps, Caps fans, and the local sports Caps frenzy - but really only when the lose spectacularly.