CA Needs To FIX ITS ROADS!!!

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

We had similar drama selling my moms house. Sucks but I trusted my sister who was the trustee and so it worked out fine for me.  

Money-wise, it is working out great for us.  It's impossible to complain about a gift with a straight face.  Our longer term goals are to continue with our plans in our VA home to upgrade it with an eye to an eventual sale or as a rental.  Our carpet was ready to be replaced when we left, so we'll be doing the hardwoods when we get home.  We had been hesitant to do so because of worry about how our pup would do with them, but she has been totally fine and adapted well to the wood floors out here, so we think it is going to okay for her when we do them at home.  Likewise, as the kitchen at home hit 20 yrs old, a refresh is in the works - and again, the home out here in CA has provided my wife a lot of ideas for types of cabinets (big drawers are now in the mix) and appliances & placement to use. 

Our realtor here for the FiL house, knows we want to see and hear about options that open up out here in the future, and with the money we get from the estate, it becomes a pretty wide open market for us.  As folks willing to wait, we can be pickier than many, and this market seems to be all over the place with prices and quality of homes coming daily.