Tomatos

Sharpy

Just now, Longjohn said:

It’s not too late for cheater tomatoes. The plants are in huge pots and have tomatoes almost ready to pick.

Yeah that’s an option too.  I would buy plants in those little pots & transplant to bigger pots in April.  I’d probably have to buy those big ones at this point.  

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah that’s an option too.  I would buy plants in those little pots & transplant to bigger pots in April.  I’d probably have to buy those big ones at this point.  

I have not even planted mine yet. We are still getting snow. My garden could use some sunlight and warm temps.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, denniS said:

I have not even planted mine yet. We are still getting snow. My garden could use some sunlight and warm temps.

Yeah our snow melted with the last ice age...

The Noob is reaping the benefit of a really nice winter/spring/early summer.  Mid 70’s & sunny.  It’s usually cool & gloomy this time of year.

52 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I used to sprinkle regular salt on my tomatoes. Now I’m not allowed salt.

If you ride a lot in the summer on hot days, you can probably have salt again.

I am starting to have green smoothies in the AM, then oatmeal at lunch.  I figure if I go no salt for a couple of meals, a little with dinner is fine.  When I start going out for 5 hour rides at 90+ degrees outside and sweat a bunch, I can probably salt the crap out of everything until fall.

• Heart 1

31 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

If you ride a lot in the summer on hot days, you can probably have salt again.

I am starting to have green smoothies in the AM, then oatmeal at lunch.  I figure if I go no salt for a couple of meals, a little with dinner is fine.  When I start going out for 5 hour rides at 90+ degrees outside and sweat a bunch, I can probably salt the crap out of everything until fall.

Green smoothies and oatmeal lunch.  Are you growing long sideburns and a beard as well?

• Heart 2