R.I.P. Joan Rivers

Former member

I was afraid that she wouldn't make it.  Being on life support for several days at her age is pretty much a death sentence.  I'm just glad that her daughter let her go (I'm assuming). I saw an interview with Joan recently where she said she didn't want to live if she couldn't continue to perform at a high level.  According to her own words, Joan would never have wanted to live in any kind of incapacitated state.  

I wasn't a big fan, but I felt sorry for Joan and especially for Melissa as I was in a similar situation with my mother.  

Rest in peace, Joan.  

What happened?  Not a big fan either, but I know she made a lot of people laugh, and that's always a good thing!

She was having some sort of endoscopy procedure done in a Doctor's office when she went into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing.  She was revived and taken to the hospital and kept in an induced coma for several days.  She was on life support machines from the beginning to the end.  She was probably brain dead from lack of blood and oxygen to the brain that occured during the cardiac arrest episode.

I was afraid that she wouldn't make it.  Being on life support for several days at her age is pretty much a death sentence.  I'm just glad that her daughter let her go (I'm assuming). I saw an interview with Joan recently where she said she didn't want to live if she couldn't continue to perform at a high level.  According to her own words, Joan would never have wanted to live in any kind of incapacitated state.  

I wasn't a big fan, but I felt sorry for Joan and especially for Melissa as I was in a similar situation with my mother.  

Rest in peace, Joan.  

I don't think she's performed at a high level in a long time, so are you saying it was actually a suicide?

She was having some sort of endoscopy procedure done in a Doctor's office when she went into cardiac arrest and stopped breathing.  She was revived and taken to the hospital and kept in an induced coma for several days.  She was on life support machines from the beginning to the end.  She was probably brain dead from lack of blood and oxygen to the brain that occured during the cardiac arrest episode.

The vagus nerve  runs right down the side of your throat to your heart.  Press on or cut that nerve, and bad things can happen....especially at 81 yrs old.