Almost done with the remodel!

ChrisL

33 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

pretty floor

We went with the “Luxury Vinyl” flooring. We have been really happy with it too.  Every inch of floor is done with it including the stairs.  

We replaced our bedroom furniture too as it was 25+ years old & my wife was sick of it but it also didn’t match the new flooring.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Looks nice.  Pictures of the sliders and electric?

Really just canned lights in the ceiling but we put them in every room, hallway, entryway and already had them in the kitchen. We also replaced all of the switches & plugs. You can see the new slider in the second shot.  

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Our floors are similar. Mine might be darker overall, but has the same gradation and plank size. 

We had 5 samples, all of which were a version of Gray and in different plank sizes.   We liked that one the most but yeah so many similar colors.

The installers said they are laying down more grays than anything else right now. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

We went with the “Luxury Vinyl” flooring. We have been really happy with it too.  Every inch of floor is done with it including the stairs.  

We replaced our bedroom furniture too as it was 25+ years old & my wife was sick of it but it also didn’t match the new flooring.

That is what we installed. I am done with wood floors.  They are hard to clean and are easily damaged with water.  LVP is so easy to clean with a mop and be done. 

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

That is what we installed. I am done with wood floors.  They are hard to clean and are easily damaged with water.  LVP is so easy to clean with a mop and be done. 

Our installers gave us the pro tip on cleaning. One of these two sided floor cleaners.  Blue side for big stuff/sweeping and then spray the flooring with Mr Clean in a spray bottle 1/3 Mr Clean 2/3 water and wipe with the white side. 

Super easy to clean it that way.

571F24A3-5217-49EC-B9C8-BB88E512B00C.thumb.jpeg.a9c8fe30cffced21427c71834992f99b.jpegBC34E050-2ACF-4BD1-9E63-8B325DC561A3.thumb.jpeg.9f3c3707b4a22dca086981e2b91252d7.jpeg

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

They used this “flavor” of Mr Clean so we did too. All was available at Lowe’s.

635133B8-B7B6-4CB9-9346-1395C51EA886.thumb.jpeg.19cea53bce81a6b124e03c01b51e41d0.jpeg

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

WTH kind of electrician did you hire????  The plate screw must be vertical! Yours are every which way. Fix them.....soonish

I like yer dimmers though

As a young electrician, working for a crabby old fart, doing my first trim out for him, I very carefully made sure all the screws were vertical.

The crabby old boss walked in and immediately barked about the screws, "you ever line them all up like that again, you're fired", but he wasn't as nice...

I looked at him with wide puppy eyes, and he explained. When he was a young pup he had done the same thing, and over the next couple of days every one of the switch plates had cracked. Just snug it and stop. 

2 minutes ago, Further said:

As a young electrician, working for a crabby old fart, doing my first trim out for him, I very carefully made sure all the screws were vertical.

The crabby old boss walked in and immediately barked about the screws, "you ever line them all up like that again, you're fired", but he wasn't as nice...

I looked at him with wide puppy eyes, and he explained. When he was a young pup he had done the same thing, and over the next couple of days every one of the switch plates had cracked. Just snug it and stop. 

hmmmm....I have 1 cracked cover plate. 

the box is crooked in the wall I swear!

• Heart 1