The British flag flying on American soil?

Scrapr

I never knew... https://irma.nps.gov/DataStore/DownloadFile/582903

They needed a better treaty in 1846.

HBC Governor J.H. Pelly wrote to Foreign Secretary of State Earl of Aberdeen regarding British possession of the islands, advising him to negotiate the Rosario Strait as the water boundary line. Despite this advice, negotiators used vague language with two plausible interpretations. The negotiators were interested in concluding and signing a treaty, allowing small details like the islands to be worked out later.  :unsure:

They are still confused...

image.png.17c48f7d79d3d3f87c526bc7b58869da.png

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, denniS said:

This is a good book about the War. Love the San Juans. Did you visit the lavender farm or the winery?

ibg.common.titledetail.imageloader?ean=9781684371716

We drove to the lavender farm & it wasn't in bloom. We bought some lavender lotion in Friday Harbor. Laid off the lavender dog treats. We drove by the winery but bought a bottle in town. A blend so my hopes are not high. Spent some time in Roche Harbor. Not many big boats in yet. Probably this weekend? 

@Zephyr turn a little bit to your right when you wave. We are staying on Orcas Island. Stand real tall so i can see ya

Friday Harbor was just a day trip. 

Sara with an H almost bought a house here on Orcas. It's a beautiful spot

26 Olga Park Ln, Orcas Island, WA 98279

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

We drove to the lavender farm & it wasn't in bloom. We bought some lavender lotion in Friday Harbor. Laid off the lavender dog treats. We drove by the winery but bought a bottle in town. A blend so my hopes are not high. Spent some time in Roche Harbor. Not many big boats in yet. Probably this weekend? 

@Zephyr turn a little bit to your right when you wave. We are staying on Orcas Island. Stand real tall so i can see ya

Friday Harbor was just a day trip. 

Sara with an H almost bought a house here on Orcas. It's a beautiful spot

26 Olga Park Ln, Orcas Island, WA 98279

We had lavender ice cream. Delicious stuff. We bought a bottle of wine at the winery and many others in Friday Harbor. We stayed near the golf course on San Juan and then jumped to Orcas and Lopez and biked each island.

There is a place at Roche Harbor that serves some tasty tater tots. 

I think the quality of the wine matters less than the person you are drinking it with. Not a bad place to spend time with a good friend.

0805181708-EFFECTS.jpg

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, denniS said:

0805181708-EFFECTS.jpg

That's the lighthouse we visited. Look real close. I'm right over there   ------->>>>

Looked like both towns have a Covid hangover. Lots of shops closed & or reduced hours. At the ferry I went looking for coffee & tried 3 shops. all closed. I bought a t shirt & a hat for my boy. 

During first year of her PhD studies, daughter stayed on Friday Harbor for several weeks at the biology research lab. Sent back beautiful pictures of the area, including all the beautiful scenery and overlooks. One day she noted they were hiking through the woods looking for whales. While we knew the terrain and what she was talking about, couldn't resist such low hanging fruit. We reminded our daughter scientist that whales do not live in the woods. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1