Marmon spotting

Longjohn

Based in Denton Texas with a production facility in Garland, Texas.  I remember driving past the one in Garland.  Big Shiny Trucks.  I thought it was Mack, with the big M!   I believe the facility in Denton now produces Peterbilts.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

There was a trucking company I believe out of Alabama had a location near the terminal I was out of. It was just a gravel parking lot and a guard shack. All their trucks were Marmon and either the trucks didn’t have engine heaters or the parking lot didn’t have electric. In the winter all the trucks parked there were left to idle. I guess they parked there waiting for a return load down south. On holiday weekends those trucks would sit and idle for three days. I used to cringe when I drove by and saw the white smoke pouring out of the exhaust. How they justified that I’ll never know. Install engine heaters and have an electric meter installed. I wonder how long their engines lasted?

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

Based in Denton Texas with a production facility in Garland, Texas.  I remember driving past the one in Garland.  Big Shiny Trucks.  I thought it was Mack, with the big M!   I believe the facility in Denton now produces Peterbilts.  

You win the Rick Henderson Pawn Star award for the day. :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Go get me a coke, Chumley!  Also, I would like to have an expert come down and look at your post before reacting to it.

Fun to see the kid following in the line. :D

I hadn't watched that for a while so I did a marathon last weekend when my wife was away.

• Heart 1