Mmm, I have my pancakes dialed in

Ralphie

Our current pancakes are a mix of flaxseed and King Arthur gluten free all purpose baking mix (no added sugar this way).  Plus a dash of cinnamon, chia seeds, and sometimes vanilla (I can't taste it so I often leave it out).  Some type of fruit, blueberries or banana are the usual.  Whatever fake milk we have.  Always organic real maple syrup.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

I ate too many pancakes this morning. I usually eat them with cinnamon and a drizzle of local raw honey. I started out with the first two that way. Then I remembered I had a jug of locally made maple syrup. I ate three or four with syrup and I felt yucky all day. Probably too much syrup. I just finished my penne pasta, I’ll have enough for a couple more days. I’m not very good at making tasty sauce with no salt. This time I used a whole sweet onion diced, a whole yellow bell pepper chopped, 3/4 a package or mushrooms, one can of unsalted tomato purée, a big scoop of diced garlic, five chicken tenderloins, and a healthy dose of Tabasco. It would probably been tastier with a little salt. It’s hard cooking for one. The pasta would have probably tasted better if I hadn’t overdone it with the pancakes.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I ate too many pancakes this morning. I usually eat them with cinnamon and a drizzle of local raw honey. I started out with the first two that way. Then I remembered I had a jug of locally made maple syrup. I ate three or four with syrup and I felt yucky all day. Probably too much syrup. I just finished my penne pasta, I’ll have enough for a couple more days. I’m not very good at making tasty sauce with no salt. This time I used a whole sweet onion diced, a whole yellow bell pepper chopped, 3/4 a package or mushrooms, one can of unsalted tomato purée, a big scoop of diced garlic, five chicken tenderloins, and a healthy dose of Tabasco. It would probably been tastier with a little salt. It’s hard cooking for one. The pasta would have probably tasted better if I hadn’t overdone it with the pancakes.

You're being much better than me. I don't bother with salt free stuff. I just don't add salt directly. 

• Heart 1