First ride on the new beast.

UglyBob

I do like that color.  How did you paint it?  If I ever get bored with my bike I'll buy some new components and paint it an unusual color.

It's a rattle can job, but it came out nice. I made a couple of decal and then clear coated the whole thing after applying them.

20140904_091510_zpslxef37lp.jpg

20140904_091441_zpsndwimwmz.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

How far from the holler did you have to go to find a place with no bugs or dust?

just hang em up in the smoke house. The smoke keeps the mosquitoes away and the roof of the smoke house keeps the leaves out of it. the heat just helps cure the paint...and the deer jerky

• Heart 2

• 6 years later...
1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

The suspense is killing me!

Ok, you've waited long enough. I had a friend who was looking for a frame supplier for the house label bike for his shop. He a batch of samples from a dealer in Taiwan and wanted me to build one up to get my opinion on the ride and overall quality. I'm all about getting a free carbon frame, so I jumped at the chance. I painted it up, made some decals, and built it up with a SRAM Rival group and put my American classic wheels on it. The bike came in at just under 17lbs and rode like a dream, so it became my primary bike. At the time, @Parr8hedwas looking for an upgrade from his Nashbar aluminum frame, so I traded him my Fuji Team carbon frame for it. 

Happy now?

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

47 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

@Parr8hedwas looking for an upgrade from his Nashbar aluminum frame, so I traded him my Fuji Team carbon frame for it. 

Wow, that is a hell of a trade for P8!  I had a Fuji Team carbon as a backup (with the weird big surface weave) that I sold to a boss's dad in probably in 2010 or so.  What did you do with the aluminum frame?

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Wow, that is a hell of a trade for P8!  I had a Fuji Team carbon as a backup (with the weird big surface weave) that I sold to a boss's dad in probably in 2010 or so.  What did you do with the aluminum frame?

Just helping out a friend. I still have the Nashbar frame hanging up in the garage. I have a 105 group I can hang on it if someone else is in need. I did like the look of the big weave, but I like the ride and the geometry of the new frame better.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I thought this was a new thread until I got to Former Member.

Yay!

I miss the parody threads on the LF when you could copy and paste the number of pages a post had and slap that in your parody so everyone thought it was the real thread.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yay!

I miss the parody threads on the LF when you could copy and paste the number of pages a post had and slap that in your parody so everyone thought it was the real thread.

Master of deception that you are…:wub:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, UglyBob said:

BTW, I still have this bike. Different wheels on it right now. I put on the Open Pros that I built on DA7400 hubs because at my current weight I'd crush the CR420s. These wheels are pretty much bullet proof.

uglycarbon.thumb.jpg.67cea611186d76fd796b2eb259c07173.jpg

I spy the CJ as well.  What is the yellow Schwinn hangin up there?

4 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I spy the CJ as well.  What is the yellow Schwinn hangin up there?

The yellow one is a 1991 Paramount built in Waterford. I put it together with NOS 105-SC parts I managed to scrape up. I built the wheels on period correct Velocity Arrowheads.

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, UglyBob said:

The yellow one is a 1991 Paramount built in Waterford. I put it together with NOS 105-SC parts I managed to scrape up. I built the wheels on period correct Velocity Arrowheads.

That's what I thought it was.  Nice ride!