He always has to crush my hopes and dreams

BR46

14 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

If I was to buy this leathal H fuel would guys in black suits and sun glasses show up at my door asking questions?

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

I asked my son if I would be twice as fast if I would install both motors into the sidecar. He said only 7/8s at best because I have to factory in the extra weight. 

20210603_135914.thumb.jpg.dfdfd01e829e0641b7718fd22a42156f.jpg

Seems like it would always pull a bit too.  Probably have to work out how to make sure it tracks straight, but maybe not an issue but rather a benefit on an oval (still bad on a road course).

11 minutes ago, BR46 said:

If I was to buy this leathal H fuel would guys in black suits and sun glasses show up at my door asking questions?

Your papers pleeze.  

I knew a couple of folks that played with this stuff back in the day.  It really was some dangerous stuff.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, BR46 said:

This was at the drag races Saturday night. 

Runs on nitro 

Hmmm...  nope.   I'd never ride that.   Have you ever seen a motor on a nitro top fuel car blowup?   I would NOT lay flat over the motors and hope they stay in one piece. 

7 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Hmmm...  nope.   I'd never ride that.   Have you ever seen a motor on a nitro top fuel car blowup?   I would NOT lay flat over the motors and hope they stay in one piece. 

I have a funny story about that. 

Wo46 were racing were the photo was taken that is on the event poster. I was talking to a spectator about sidecar racing and he was a licensed top fuel and raced top fuel drag bikes. We were talking about our sidecar setup when Wo46 came out of the motorhome. There was a slight pause and the guy who raced top fuel motorcycles looks at Wo46....that was you hanging out on that thing?....lady your nuts! 

I said wait a minute. You're riding a 200mph nitro methane bomb while laying on top of the motor and you think that she's nuts. 

There was a local guy who raced top a fuel Harleys and was killed when the motor exploded at the end of a run. They figured that the explosion had killed him and not falling off the motorcycle. 

58 minutes ago, BR46 said:

have a funny story about that. 

Wo46 were racing were the photo was taken that is on the event poster. I was talking to a spectator about sidecar racing and he was a licensed top fuel and raced top fuel drag bikes. We were talking about our sidecar setup when Wo46 came out of the motorhome. There was a slight pause and the guy who raced top fuel motorcycles looks at Wo46....that was you hanging out on that thing?....lady your nuts! 

I said wait a minute. You're riding a 200mph nitro methane bomb while laying on top of the motor and you think that she's nuts. 

There was a local guy who raced top a fuel Harleys and was killed when the motor exploded at the end of a run. They figured that the explosion had killed him and not falling off the motorcycle. 

:) for the story.

:( for the guy who died.   (my point exactly) 

On 6/3/2021 at 5:56 PM, maddmaxx said:

Your papers pleeze.  

I knew a couple of folks that played with this stuff back in the day.  It really was some dangerous stuff.

Didn't the Germans play with it for some of their rocket programs in the 40s?

I know there were some rather nasty accidents; I remember reading.

(Checks)

Yep, the Messerschmit 163 Komet. Might have looked at it in the V2 rocket program too.

spacer.png

• Heart 1