jsharr... guess what...

KrAzY

I was put in charge of the 1st and 2nd grade cub scouts at my sons school... I have no idea what they were thinking, I think they just needed another body to fill in!

When asked what my credentials are that I bring to the table for the kids to learn are, I replied with:

Rope rescue/ Knots

orienteering (compus, topo, etc)

CPR/AED

Wilderness survival

Search and Rescue

Archery

Gun safety

Water rescue (calm and swift)

Past Firefighter

I think I made the other leaders feel bad since they did not know much about anything except for reading it in the handbooks.. :)

Do I have the option to wear the tight nut hugger shorts on the trips and at the meetings???  

I also came in last at the rain gutter regatta... :(

• Heart 2

You will do awesome.  Best thing I can tell you is look at the online planner for den meetings and then assign a den meeting to each family in your dens.  Also, assign a parent to handle the logisitics of the major events, camping, Pinewood, Blue and Gold, Popcorn, etc.  If you try to do it all you will burn out.  If you delegate, you will do well.

My phone is always on and Couch knows how to get hold of me if you ever need any help.

You will do awesome.  Best thing I can tell you is look at the online planner for den meetings and then assign a den meeting to each family in your dens.  Also, assign a parent to handle the logisitics of the major events, camping, Pinewood, Blue and Gold, Popcorn, etc.  If you try to do it all you will burn out.  If you delegate, you will do well.

My phone is always on and Couch knows how to get hold of me if you ever need any help.

our gatherings are only once a month, there are a total of 15 kids in the group ranging from 1st grade to 8th grade.... I think I can handle the 12 meetings a year with no issues. :)

I now have a copy of the Bear book and tiger book I can read through to practice up on the skills I can teach them. It should not be heard since I have probably  forgot more then the other parents even knew to began with.. I think I can BS my way through it :)

Yah buddy... I got ya number... if ya know what I mean :)