What is the biggest meal of the day?

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Razors Edge,

• Solution
56 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

What is the biggest meal of the day?

Dinner.  If anyone says otherwise, they are 1) lying and/or 2) living in some weird time warp back to the days before electricity.

Seriously, DINNER DINNER DINNER DINNER.  There is no other realistic answer.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Prefer it to be about 3:00pm. May only have a snack from breakfast to 3:00pm. Like to eat well before evening chores, but that does not always happen. Timing for diabetics and retired folks varies a bit from that of you working folks.

I fall somewhere between 4 and 5 pm.  I only eat one meal per day though.  :) 

13 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Traditionally  I think mid day is expected to be the big meal. :dontknow:

That is what I read recently, I wanted to see what normal folks had for their meals a couple of hundred or more years back.  They mostly said light breakfast, big lunch, light dinner was the traditional approach.

In my family, dinner was always the biggest meal, and the one the most fuss was made over.  Dinner was the star attraction, plus you always had dessert.

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That is what I read recently, I wanted to see what normal folks had for their meals a couple of hundred or more years back.  They mostly said light breakfast, big lunch, light dinner was the traditional approach.

In my family, dinner was always the biggest meal, and the one the most fuss was made over.  Dinner was the star attraction, plus you always had dessert.

Wasn’t that more to do with farming where you could come off the field for a large mid day meal to carry you through a day of hard physical work?   

It’s just not practical to have a large meal mid day for most of our working situations these days.

Dinner in the evening.

My breakfasts are normally 400-700 Calories, my lunches 200 - 700 Calories, my dinners 600 - 1300 Calories including dessert - which I don't have with breakfast or lunch.

Tonight's dinner will be the last 2 pieces of a 16" supreme-type pizza (2 x 380 Cal) and about a dozen sweet cherries (12 x 5 Cal) for about 820 Cal.  I had about 800 Cal earlier so I'll have a sweet desert after dinner.