Ouch! My aching coccyx!

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Dirtyhip,

So you fell on your steps?   :scratch head:

Yup!  I would say it is the beginning of old age, but my 20 something daughter has also busted her coccyx on them, so she is the one who informed me that they are in fact eville.  So since my bones are getting old and potentially fragile, I have resolved to always use the handrail from now on, but I wonder if that can truly save one from a fall, or will it just cause additional trauma by twisting one's arm out of the socket? :D

• Heart 1

Yup!  I would say it is the beginning of old age, but my 20 something daughter has also busted her coccyx on them, so she is the one who informed me that they are in fact eville.  

I'm glad you weren't hurt too bad.  Are these the steps going into your house?  Maybe they can be modified or reconstructed to make them safer?  Sounds like a possible design flaw if more than one person has fallen in the same manner.

I was watching an old TV show the other day and the villian killed the old guy by pushing him down the stairs.  It seems that in Hollywood, falling down the stairs is always fatal.   :(

It might be advisable to be very nice to WoMotu and never piss her off when you are on or near the stairs.   :)  :nod head:

• Awesome 1

I want my best answer post back!!! I will not kiss up to you like a hussy!

Maybe you would be better off with hip and butt protecting girdle or ones that built in for you "old" folks! 

047.jpg

attachicon.gifhips_2264_14693467.jpeg

I like this idea.  I need some pads like that to cover all of my major joints.   :)

Have a carpenter come look at them.  I suspect either the rise / tread ratio is not acceptable or one is a slight amount different than the other.  Lots of people fall fr smaller things.

I think it might be that the carpet is 28 years old and therefore a tad matted.

Getting better slowly, SQ!  Didn;t really ride this weekend because of it. :(