I just dropped in...

LoneWolf

9 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Kirsten's (WoLW's) memorial was Sunday.

It was beautiful and sunny out (had outside on the school grounds she taught at). It was beautiful and poignant. It was sad and yet joyful at the same time. Hundreds came. We sang. My pastor gave a wonderful, thoughtful message. The whole thing would have warmed the cockles of her heart; it certainly did mine.

Some of us have seen miracles. But I have to think that if we see miracles every day, we'd become inured to them, kind of like having our favorite dish day after day after day. I realize that having my wife was like standing next to a miracle. Sometimes you get used to it, and it takes others to remind you periodically just how miraculous something is. And I saw hundreds of tiny miracles yesterday, in what she evoked in other people, both near and far, young, and full grown, now with jobs, maybe kids, incorporating who she was in their daily lives. Touched by who she was, and continuing to be so. I'll remember it forever, and it sustains me.

I'm moving on. A few inches here, a few there, over time. I have friends. I have family. I have animals, who give both love and laughter. I don't know what the future holds; but I know I've been blessed, and I'm thankful for it. May God be praised.

*tears* 

Amen, my friend. I wish you the Peace as your journey continues. And joy in understanding that this is by no means a conclusion to your story and that the promise of restoration is as real as the air you breathe. 

You and others here have taught me much, LW. 

• Heart 1

I'm moving on. A few inches here, a few there, over time. I have friends. I have family. I have animals, who give both love and laughter. I don't know what the future holds; but I know I've been blessed, and I'm thankful for it. May God be praised.

What a wonderful tribute to your wife and the blessings in your life.  She shaped you and I suspect you helped shape her.  A beautiful life.  I wish you much happiness in the future.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Zealot said:

*tears* 

Amen, my friend. I wish you the Peace as your journey continues. And joy in understanding that this is by no means a conclusion to your story and that the promise of restoration is as real as the air you breathe. 

You and others here have taught me much, LW. 

If a sinner like me can teach you something, there's still a little hope for us yet.  :)

If a sinner like me can teach you something, there's still a little hope for us yet.  :)

😊 LW, it’s not about “a sinner like me”. We all sail under that flag, my friend. No, it’s about the power of Grace in the lives of those around us who persevere in a world still under the effects of the Curse while we ourselves understand that it has been appeased and defeated simultaneously by Christ’s death and resurrection and we await the glorious and triumphant restoration/adoption to come. 

It’s about living in the ruins of the present with grace and promise. 

In application for me, it means witnessing the losses that some here, you included, have experienced and watching you each continue to move forward; to continue on in spite of the loss and to display hope and grace even through the pain. My heart breaks at each passing and I shed tears and I pray for each of you. But you each encourage me in ways you’ll not fully realize in this lifetime. 

And I see glory.

I wish you peace and solace this day.

Tim

That sounds like a wonderful memorial, LW.  It must be rewarding to see all the people she impacted and to know that her love and spirit is manifested in so many lovely ways.

• Heart 1

On 6/7/2021 at 9:06 PM, LoneWolf said:

Kirsten's (WoLW's) memorial was Sunday.

It was beautiful and sunny out (had outside on the school grounds she taught at). It was beautiful and poignant. It was sad and yet joyful at the same time. Hundreds came. We sang. My pastor gave a wonderful, thoughtful message. The whole thing would have warmed the cockles of her heart; it certainly did mine.

Some of us have seen miracles. But I have to think that if we see miracles every day, we'd become inured to them, kind of like having our favorite dish day after day after day. I realize that having my wife was like standing next to a miracle. Sometimes you get used to it, and it takes others to remind you periodically just how miraculous something is. And I saw hundreds of tiny miracles yesterday, in what she evoked in other people, both near and far, young, and full grown, now with jobs, maybe kids, incorporating who she was in their daily lives. Touched by who she was, and continuing to be so. I'll remember it forever, and it sustains me.

One of the most beautiful things I have ever read.  So glad she found you, or you found her.  I can only hope to have a small measure of the grace and love that you and Longjohn and others on this forum have shown when the storms of life come to visit me and my family.

• Heart 2

On 6/9/2021 at 7:55 AM, Zealot said:

😊 LW, it’s not about “a sinner like me”. We all sail under that flag, my friend. No, it’s about the power of Grace in the lives of those around us who persevere in a world still under the effects of the Curse while we ourselves understand that it has been appeased and defeated simultaneously by Christ’s death and resurrection and we await the glorious and triumphant restoration/adoption to come. 

It’s about living in the ruins of the present with grace and promise. 

In application for me, it means witnessing the losses that some here, you included, have experienced and watching you each continue to move forward; to continue on in spite of the loss and to display hope and grace even through the pain. My heart breaks at each passing and I shed tears and I pray for each of you. But you each encourage me in ways you’ll not fully realize in this lifetime. 

And I see glory.

I wish you peace and solace this day.

Tim

Sometimes I'm perhaps clumsy in my descriptions.

I'd describe myself as a "blue collar Christian" or a "coarse Christian". I have an incredibly bawdy sense of humor, among other things. There is much that belies the faith I do have, as someone who feels like he has one foot stuck toes-deep in the heavenly realms, and the rest fully anchored to the sinful, earthly side.

I'm a grain of sand on a vast seashore. And in that realization, perhaps what I'm saying is, if a grain of sand can be used by Christ to teach a rock, or a tree, perhaps there's hope for all of us, my friend.

In Christ.

• Heart 2

17 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Sometimes I'm perhaps clumsy in my descriptions.

I'd describe myself as a "blue collar Christian" or a "coarse Christian". I have an incredibly bawdy sense of humor, among other things. There is much that belies the faith I do have, as someone who feels like he has one foot stuck toes-deep in the heavenly realms, and the rest fully anchored to the sinful, earthly side.

I'm a grain of sand on a vast seashore. And in that realization, perhaps what I'm saying is, if a grain of sand can be used by Christ to teach a rock, or a tree, perhaps there's hope for all of us, my friend.

In Christ.

Well spoken, LW and I understand. Please know though, that through your metaphor, I am no tree or rock. Like you, I am simply a grain. 

But let me share something with you. In Christ’s parable of the mustard seed, it was no accident that he chose that seed  as a descriptor for an amount of faith. This is, in all the universe, where true power lies- in the smallest amount of faith in Christ, all things are possible. ALL THINGS.

The woman with the issue of blood. The Roman centurion with the sick servant. The blind beggar. The lepers. 

Faith. It may be small, but it lives. And it believes. And it knows. Faith in the power that courses through creation; via the Creator Himself. The power that brought all things into being. 

Should human civilization abandon its cities, nature would reclaim them in a matter of decades. And it would begin with the seed sprouting and breaking through the asphalt. Small, but mighty. Imbued with hope.

Peace, this day.  🌸 

• Heart 1