Update after my doctors appointment

petitepedal

29 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

:cheerleader: I am doing great...my only issue is the occasional numbness or tingling needle sensation..it is intermittent..and caused usually after stretching..Doc says to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse..let him know..but, the nerve block, how they wrap the arm and the surgery in general can mess up the nerves for a bit... I continue with PT and Strength training..we meet in 2 months and he will release me.

Positive news overall!  I hope you heal fast.  My last shoulder surgery was in June 2017 and I was told not to lift more than 10 pounds until 2019.  I had to do PT for 6 months and then on my own just to keep the muscles from deteriorating due to inactivity and to build strength in the non-operated on muscles.  Then it took some months to get back to normal.  I hope your recovery is much faster!

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Positive news overall!  I hope you heal fast.  My last shoulder surgery was in June 2017 and I was told not to lift more than 10 pounds until 2019.  I had to do PT for 6 months and then on my own just to keep the muscles from deteriorating due to inactivity and to build strength in the non-operated on muscles.  Then it took some months to get back to normal.  I hope your recovery is much faster!

Oh..it is..the PT said if I was retired and did light gardening...he would probably release me now...but because I am active..they want me to get as much of that last little bit of range of motion..I am already working with 10 pounders for bench press..and shoulder press. I think the shape I was in..going into surgery helped.

• Heart 3