Rigs of the Tour Divide

dinneR

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Now I see them. I hate hydration packs, they can screw up your shoulder (petite).

I'm not the biggest fan either, but sometimes it is the best option. Some people will put the bladder in the frame bag and run the tube around the handlebar. 

My first trip up the trail from dc to Pittsburgh the week after the connected trail was opened I didn’t know how available drinking water would be so I brought three water bottles and a camelback. I drank the hydration pack first because I wanted to get it off my back. When it was empty I put it on top of my panniers and held it there with a bungee. As I was riding along I heard something fall off my bike and hit the trail. I turned my head to see what it was and rode right into the canal. After that I put the hydration pack inside my panniers when it was empty.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, denniS said:

The one in the picture has bottle cages mounted on the fork.

I have a pair of extra bottle cages I will use on my front fork for rides I know I won't roll past any stores (or just want to avoid buying water!).  I also have some of those Salsa Anything cages I can swap on for other stuff.  Those are handle little mounting points.

37 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I have a pair of extra bottle cages I will use on my front fork for rides I know I won't roll past any stores (or just want to avoid buying water!).  I also have some of those Salsa Anything cages I can swap on for other stuff.  Those are handle little mounting points.

I had some made for my fatbike and made my own on my Fargo. I used some old tube and gorilla tape.

0328191526b.jpg