Changed the pedals on my road bike

MoseySusan

17 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

From what to what?

From Speedplay Zero to flat pedals. I started having trouble clipping in and out, and one of the screws on my left cleat is stripped, so I decided to put flat pedals on the bike and just ride it without the anxiety about falling over or having to stop in the middle of a hilly intersection because I can’t get moving. It’s nice to be back on the road bike. 
Today’s morning ride: 

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36Ajo8KxZq

• Heart 2

On 6/11/2021 at 11:35 AM, road0315 said:

From Speedplay Zero to flat pedals.

I make that swap regularly.  For my regular rides, it's the Speedplays, but for casual rides with my wife when I just have my road bike, I throw on a set of cheap flat pedals and wear street clothes and sneakers.  A great compromise for when I just have the  one bike with us.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Flats, sneakers, MTB cargo shorts and a wicking T shirt these days.  I rarely pull out a jersey or any other kit.

Horses for courses, and flats, sneakers, and "normal" clothes are about as sensible for casual riding as it gets.  Being able to ride somewhere, lock the bikes, and then wander around like regular folks is definitely nicer than riding there on the fancy bike, worrying about locking it safely, and then wandering around in lycra and bike shoes.  I rolled to the post office yesterday, and picked my old school MTB as my ride as it is very low key and I don't worry about it attracting a ton of attention when I am inside mailing something.