My co-workers are quitting

dinneR

6 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Then everyone else not in the 1% will be forced out.  No police, no uber drivers, no cooks or wait staff.  Even at $75 an hour they will not be able to live there or anywhere close.

They need to fix it. JH is an amazing place but I wouldn't want to live there. For one I can't afford it. Two I would not fit in there (amongst rich people). But I get why Dennis doesn't want to leave.

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

I would expect that in Jackson, yes 

The locals know where to eat at a reasonable price. 

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Then everyone else not in the 1% will be forced out.  No police, no uber drivers, no cooks or wait staff.  Even at $75 an hour they will not be able to live there or anywhere close.

This is the crux. Most emergency service providers live outside the county. If we have a natural disaster like an earthquake or wildfire, we have a big problem. Teton pass closes a lot in the winter as does Snake River Canyon to the south. 

We are in danger of pushing out police, teachers, nurses etc.

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

They need to fix it. JH is an amazing place but I wouldn't want to live there. For one I can't afford it. Two I would not fit in there (amongst rich people). But I get why Dennis doesn't want to leave.

I don't exactly fit in with the rich. Reading Billionaire Wilderness, he interviews the uber wealthy and they think everyone loves them. It is hilarious.

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

Can we blame Harrison Ford??  He's old now but clearly started a trend (I think?).  Who else of the known millionaires/billionaires live there?

I think Ford has been here a long time. There aren't that many celebrities here. The rich are here to hide their money. You just have to buy real estate, not live in it. What is sad, is that we have a housing shortage, but many vacant homes.

1 hour ago, denniS said:

I think Ford has been here a long time. There aren't that many celebrities here. The rich are here to hide their money. You just have to buy real estate, not live in it. What is sad, is that we have a housing shortage, but many vacant homes.

That is sad. Gal working at one of the stores said she moved south in one of the towns down there at the highway junction. Travels like 45 minutes to get there. She had a lot to say about chop.