I plan on being grouchy

Square Wheels

I'm starting a diet today.  I used to weigh 190, I slowly crept up to 193.  This is not OK.  For this round I plan to go down to 180.

i don't know... you might be too svelte then.           grouchy is good for  scaring crossing guards, and  rescuing   daughters from " boys in the yard"

• Heart 1

Dieting is tough. I get tired of my yo yo pattern.  Fat in winter and then lose it over Summer. Winter is tough.  I know I am using a bit less calories, but the WInter food is very fattening and delicious.  The Holidays are my biggest problem.  Food gifts and gatherings at every turn.

I can be very driven and disciplined, but I have my moments of weakness.

Good luck, SW.  

IMO, as long as your have a healthy balanced diet, which includes indulgence from time to time, and you exercise a reasonable amount..... then what ever you weight is just who you are.  Ahimsa, be kind to yourself.... and than may mean changing the way you eat, or it may mean just letting go of society based ideas of what you should look like.

• Heart 1

SQ, I am the last person you'll meet that worries what others think about me, or tries to comply with what society dictates I should look or feel like.

I started cycling a few years ago and find the lighter I get the faster I can go.

I started running a couple of months ago and I suspect the extra weight is not good for me in many ways, and it seems to be a lot harder to run with extra weight than cycle with extra weight.   Plus I giggle when I run, and that's just not right.

Good Luck SW.

While I'll never see 180 or 190 again without undergoing (God forbid) Chemo or losing a leg, I am in the middle of dropping another 10.  7 gone, 3 to go.  I'm not a dieter.., I just love to cook and eat good food and drink nice wine too much, so I just go with my own "fruit first' method.  With two university aged kids at home, it helps with the teenage late nite nachoes temptations too!