KISS

jsharr

Keep It Simple Stupid.

New dining option in our tower.  Has a burger bar, a salad bar, a stir fry bar and will add a sandwich bar and pizza bar.  They serve breakfast.  Just used the app to order a breafast croissant.  The cheddar they used was not a good choice and when I ordered sauasage, I was expecting normal patty sausage.  Instead got slices of BBQ link sausage.  The whole thing was a mess.  Ate the egg and croissant and did not enjoy it.

Not sure why the new trend is to try and put some hipster spin on everything.   Toast a croissant, slap an egg on it, slap a slice of american cheesed on that and top it with bacon or patty sausage.  

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Will not go back for breakfast again any time soon.

• Heart 2

It can be fun to put a spin on food, but sometimes the basic, classic flavor is what I crave. We had breakfast at the coffee shop in my hometown after helping at the 5k. I ordered the classic breakfast sandwich. Only option was bread. I chose sourdough. It was awesome!

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Keep It Simple Stupid.

New dining option in our tower.  Has a burger bar, a salad bar, a stir fry bar and will add a sandwich bar and pizza bar.  They serve breakfast.  Just used the app to order a breafast croissant.  The cheddar they used was not a good choice and when I ordered sauasage, I was expecting normal patty sausage.  Instead got slices of BBQ link sausage.  The whole thing was a mess.  Ate the egg and croissant and did not enjoy it.

Not sure why the new trend is to try and put some hipster spin on everything.   Toast a croissant, slap an egg on it, slap a slice of american cheesed on that and top it with bacon or patty sausage.  

Keep It Simple Stupid.

Will not go back for breakfast again any time soon.

It's the same way with the cooking shows on TV.  I guess they've run out of standard fare and everything has to have an exotic name and ingredients.  Thank God that when I moved away from my parents home Julia Child, Jacques Pepin, etc. were making everyday food that tasted great or I'd be lost.

10 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah, that doesn’t sound appealing at all.  Man I haven’t had a croissant in ages…

The last time I had a croissant was in 1999 when we were on strike. Bakeries and groceries were always bringing donations down to the picket line. They brought way more croissants than we could eat. Some of the guys on day turn would bring their kids down to the picket line. One of the guys said his little kid asked him when are we going to go back to the picnic line?

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah, that doesn’t sound appealing at all.  Man I haven’t had a croissant in ages…

I had one 2 weeks ago for the first time in years.  It was a breakfast sandwich with REAL stuff on it - egg - sausage patty and American cheese just like jsharr wants.  It was on the go and I ate it on my drive.  The darn croissant crumbs were everywhere.  Never again on the go.

• Heart 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

I had one 2 weeks ago for the first time in years.  It was a breakfast sandwich with REAL stuff on it - egg - sausage patty and American cheese just like jsharr wants.  It was on the go and I ate it on my drive.  The darn croissant crumbs were everywhere.  Never again on the go.

Ask them to only lightly toast the croissant.  This will significantly reduce the amount of crumbage.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Ask them to only lightly toast the croissant.  This will significantly reduce the amount of crumbage.

This place doesn't take requests.  Step to the computer and place your order.  No happy folks making excessive minimum wage ready to help (read sarcasm here).  Sorta like the new McDonalds only different.

• Haha 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

This place doesn't take requests.  Step to the computer and place your order.  No happy folks making excessive minimum wage ready to help (read sarcasm here).  Sorta like the new McDonalds only different.

Yeah, but in Jackson Hole, you can get your croissant toasted to order for only $89.95 by a guy that drives 5 hours to work for $75.00 per hour.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

i just had an totally awesome breakfast that I picked up from the hospital.  Egg, cheese and bacon sammie on an english muffin and a side of very crispy hash browns.  The hospital here has very good food.  

Now we're talk'n.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Yeah, but in Jackson Hole, you can get your croissant toasted to order for only $89.95 by a guy that drives 5 hours to work for $75.00 per hour.

But can you fill you car with gasoline at the same place?  Did I mention coffee too?

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

i just had an totally awesome breakfast that I picked up from the hospital.  Egg, cheese and bacon sammie on an english muffin and a side of very crispy hash browns.  The hospital here has very good food.  

Now you are talking.  I might kiss you on the mouth just hoping for a crumb.

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

That sounds like job security, feed that to their cardiac patients and keep them coming back.

• Heart 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

That sounds like job security, feed that to their cardiac patients and keep them coming back.

I don't eat this very often.  They actually serve a lot of healthy food.  The fryer broke, and they didn't replace it and stopped selling french fries for health sakes.  They serve these gorgeous salads daily, for a cheap price.   Like $4 and it they come with expensive toppings like raspberries, feta, etc.  They lose money on the salads and do it for the sake of promoting community health.  They revamped their menu after the big blue zones push here.  Many people have not seen the healthy changes as a good thing.  

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I want a breakfast sandwich that has bacon, sausage, eggs, cheddar, mayo and hot sauce on a poppy-seed roll thanks to you bastards!

Link sausage sounds really goofy on a breakfast sandwich.  I dunno that that is hipster, I have never encountered that!

Texas hipsters, to be fair.  Or trying to use left overs.  I have no idea.  Menu item.  

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Many people have not seen the healthy changes as a good thing.  

Two of my friends from work are always posting pictures on FB of their food they have made. Makes me wonder how they are still alive. One guy posts food he has bought (it’s in take out containers) every day. These guys are probably in their late thirties. It will probably catch up with them later in life.