Well Summer Travel has Started

Parr8hed

3 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

When we go to Colorado I am driving the big truck, pulling a trailer with team bat bags, coolers, griddle, cases of beer, etc.  All of the essentials for a week of softball.  Should make for some great stories, plus I have never driven out west up to the mountains.  I am pretty excite.  

Uh, and bikes!!!! Put them on the list.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Have the brakes checked on truck before you leave Indtucky

The 350 has new brakes front and rear.  It's good to go.  The 150 could prob use a new set but it won't be pulling a trailer.  I think I just about burnt them up coming home from Orlando.  Idiots on the road....

But we will take the 350 into the mountains.  It should be fine.

12 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Orlando all last week.  People suck. Heat sucks.  NOBODY can drive.

Work all week then Nashville this weekend for softball. 

Work nest week then Colorado for softball.  

Back to Nashville the weekend after we return home.

The following weekend we are camping in Gatlinburg followed by a loooong weekend in Myrtle Beach for Softball.  

When we go to Colorado I am driving the big truck, pulling a trailer with team bat bags, coolers, griddle, cases of beer, etc.  All of the essentials for a week of softball.  Should make for some great stories, plus I have never driven out west up to the mountains.  I am pretty excite.  

Good luck with softball and the trip!

The mountains should thrill you!  When I was in graduate school at IIT in Chicago, I had a scholarship/teaching assistantship and taught freshman and sophomore chemistry lab courses.  I had a student from Idaho who said to me, "I flew over the Appalachian Mountains back where you come from. They're not real mountains!"

Years later I made my first trip to see the Rockies and understood what she meant. They were a thrill at first sight and every sight afterward!

• Heart 1