TIB

team scooter

4 hours ago, team scooter said:

Before I spend time trying to install it, does this tail bag from my old bike look to big for this bike? I like this one because it easily fits my lunch bag for work.  It might look ok while I'm sitting/riding on it. :scratchhead: 

xt259 tail bag.jpg

It does make your butt look big.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Love it.. that's something I wanna get when I sell off my Ducati this year

Yep, its been on my wish list for years too.

I've been riding my 40 year old 200cc Honda Twinstar to work and around town, crossing my fingers that it will live another day. And since we bought the Miata for extended day trips, I no longer had a use for the larger motorcycle, so the 700 had just been sitting and deprecating.

Last year, and earlier this spring, I tried to buy a few other XTs, but they sold before I could get over to the dealers. I spotted this used one on the dealers website early yesterday morning, and with only 78 miles on it! :wub: I kind of liked the blue better than this year's model gray, so I didn't waste any time. I arrived at the dealer as they were unlocking the door with my trade and cash in hand. ;)

Now I can buy a hitch mount motorcycle carrier and take this one with us on our trips and explore some trails and unpaved forestry roads, especially up north. 

xt blue.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Love it.. that's something I wanna get when I sell off my Ducati this year

I don't understand this....just buy the trail bike and keep the Ducati. 

Between my son and I we have around 12 or 13 motorcycles. 

20201126_224432.thumb.jpg.04e974702d0912fe9836d87c17a2e91b.jpg

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

He's safe. The big butt is a requirement for a Harley. :whistle:

Hey watch it there buddy... I also own a Harley 

42 minutes ago, BR46 said:

New time you are out riding the Harley, take a look around at the other Harley riders. You may not fit in. :D

While it is a stereotype, haven't you noticed it? Out riding you azzzz off on your bicycle...and along comes a group of Harley riders who could definitely use some bicycle work.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2021 at 7:23 AM, BR46 said:

I don't understand this....just buy the trail bike and keep the Ducati. 

Between my son and I we have around 12 or 13 motorcycles. 

20201126_224432.thumb.jpg.04e974702d0912fe9836d87c17a2e91b.jpg

I have limited room, also its a little hard to haul the Ducati on a rear of a camper or bus conversion. 

52 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I have limited room, also its a little hard to haul the Ducati on a rear of a camper or bus conversion. 

I can build you a custom carrier for the Ducati 

• Heart 1

So on another note, when I was buying the bike and " they settled" on the price, I told them to throw in a new battery, a quart of oil and a filter so I could change it all when I got home. It seemed to be cranking a little slow and the oil didint look new. They told me it was fully serviced and "of course we replaced the original four year old battery" with a "how dare you!" attitude.  :rolleyes:

I sent the sales dude this pic when I checked over the bike when I got home. After work yesterday I went and picked up my new battery and oil change stuff, no charge, like I asked for in the first place. Thats why I always wait a week before I give a place a good online review. ;)

xt battery.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

51 minutes ago, team scooter said:

So on another note, when I was buying the bike and " they settled" on the price, I told them to throw in a new battery, a quart of oil and a filter so I could change it all when I got home. It seemed to be cranking a little slow and the oil didint look new. They told me it was fully serviced and "of course we replaced the original four year old battery" with a "how dare you!" attitude.  :rolleyes:

I sent the sales dude this pic when I checked over the bike when I got home. After work yesterday I went and picked up my new battery and oil change stuff, no charge, like I asked for in the first place. Thats why I always wait a week before I give a place a good online review. ;)

xt battery.jpg

Do you want to come down here and buy a car for my son? When I try stuff like that they told me to F off

• Heart 1