Best TV Sport to sleep too?

jsharr

There is sooooo much time were nothing happens in most sports, I just get bored.    For example in a NFL game.

An average NFL broadcast lasts well over three hours, yet it delivers a total of only 18 minutes of football action. And although NFL games start with one hour on the clock and include a 12-minute halftime, because of constant clock stoppages and commercial breaks, game broadcasts are much longer than that.

So...  when I was working I just gave up on sports.   After long hours at work, and sleep, that didn't leave much time for other stuff.  3+ hours watching ________ (fill in the blank for the sport) was just too many hours I could be doing something else. 

Going to a game... now that's a horse of a different color.   Then again, most of that time was with friends or family and the game was secondary to the fun of the day. 

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

football, golf.

Sorry football fans..or maybe it's the tailgate parties you like.

Tailgate parties put you to sleep?  I had gone to many college football games and 1/2 the fun is before you enter the stadium. We have had numerous tailgate parties at Angels baseball games where kids are playing ball, moms & dads gathering on lawn chairs chatting, good times among fans who support a common team.

• Heart 1

Golf and baseball and bike racing are best because they just gently lull you to sleep.  The pins make too much noise in bowling, and football and basketball have too many whistles.  Auto racing works aboot as well as golf and baseball. Curling is the only one that really holds my interest. :)

9 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Tailgate parties put you to sleep?  I had gone to many college football games and 1/2 the fun is before you enter the stadium. We have had numerous tailgate parties at Angels baseball games where kids are playing ball, moms & dads gathering on lawn chairs chatting, good times among fans who support a common team.

I meant that's the real reason why one gathers for football...:flirtyeyess:

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, jsharr said:

I am going to go with golf and then bowling and then Nascar.

Golf immediately came to mind.

When. coaching high school cross country, I'd run past the Field Hockey team at practice and the girls who were students of mine would tease me and yell, "Hey, Mr. C. Are you running or walking?"

I was tempted to reply, "I'm trying not to fall asleep watching you practice," but held my tongue knowing how every little criticism is the end of the world to teenagers.

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think those side car races.  Only because I always see Wof46 laying down so it must make her sleepy.   

The best types of racing never get TV time. 

I know that we are a different breed since there's only about 50 sidecar teams in the United States.

• Heart 1