A few pictures from CO

MoseySusan

7 minutes ago, road0315 said:

We wanted to ride the Rio Grande Trail Rails to Trails from Aspen to Glenwood Springs. My dad worked for that railroad as a freight conductor into the Colorado mountain towns, so he didn’t want to take us on vacation or camping  in the northern mountains. Who wants to vacation where they go to work everyday? So, we have ridden in places like Breckinridge, Frisco, Dillon Lake, and wanted to see this Trail, too. 
We spent a morning in Buena Vista (river photo) and took a very easy float down the Arkansas. We used our grill to picnic lunch there before heading to Aspen. The highway goes over Independence Pass at more than 12K (snowy mountain above timber line). Very scenic with stunning vistas and some cascades. Spent the night just northwest of Aspen, and took a walk through town in the evening, including the John Denver Nature Sanctuary, which was pleasant. Nobody smiles in Aspen, so we canceled our second night hotel stay there. 
The next day we rode the Trail (tandem photo). It was beautiful and fast as the grade going our direction  is generally downhill. We picked that direction so that the tandem ride would be easier than pushing all the weight generally uphill the whole way. 
After lunch in Glenwood Springs we drove I70 to Denver, which is super scenic and goes over Vail Pass and through a few tunnels. There’s a cycling path there we will try another trip. Stopped to watch the Georgetown Scenic Trains pass each other, one coal and the other diesel. Then relaxed at a hotel where people smile and played in the swimming pool. 
Sunday we took a scenic drive through Cheyenne Canyon Road in west CO Springs then went to a picnic in Pueblo with my family. My dad was having a good day.

Back home now. It was a good weekend.

Sounds like a nice time.

• Heart 1