MS Chesapeake Challenge

Parsnip Totin Jack

15 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I was in Chestertown, millington, andChesapeake city yesterday. The bay was beautiful the air was humid. 

Sorry we missed you. It was freaking humid. At one point I thought it had rained but the tires were dry. I had to check; that’s how humid it was. Then it started to sprinkle a bit. 

21 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

MS Chesapeake Challenge

We rode yesterday. Maryland’s Eastern Shore is a beautiful place to visit. If you have the opportunity someday, I recommend that you spend some time there. The ride started in Easton and rode North and East before winding back to the starting point. Rural country roads rolling past houses farms and fields. The ride is well supported with four pit stops on 50 mile route.

Is it as flat as the Seagull Century?  That ride was a hoot, and I've never ridden such a flat event.  Definitely a cool area to ride, though. 

Looks and sounds like you all had fun!

Who is the Hammer in that group of you, Rodel, Mike, and Daniel?  On the flats, it looks like a couple of those guys could seriously turn the screws on you.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Is it as flat as the Seagull Century?  That ride was a hoot, and I've never ridden such a flat event.  Definitely a cool area to ride, though. 

Looks and sounds like you all had fun!

Who is the Hammer in that group of you, Rodel, Mike, and Daniel?  On the flats, it looks like a couple of those guys could seriously turn the screws on you.

Flat yes. We had about 650 feet of climbing over the 51 miles. In Warrenton, I do that in ten miles. Mike is the engine in this group. Daniel is very strong as is Rodel. But Rodel won’t pull. I was lantern rouge for most of the day. In 2017, Mike, Daniel and I averaged 20.5 on the first 70 miles. Headwinds dropped that to 19.3 for the 100 mile route. Yesterday I was a more pedestrian 15.8. The others were in the 17-18 avg 

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Flat yes. We had about 650 feet of climbing over the 51 miles. In Warrenton, I do that in ten miles. Mike is the engine in this group. Daniel is very strong as is Rodel. But Rodel won’t pull. I was lantern rouge for most of the day. In 2017, Mike, Daniel and I averaged 20.5 on the first 70 miles. Headwinds dropped that to 19.3 for the 100 mile route. Yesterday I was a more pedestrian 15.8. The others were in the 17-18 avg 

Easton is sort of Northwest (black arrow pointing the way) from the Seagull route, but folks can see how flat the ride can be as you get towards the coast.  I think everyone should consider a long ride out that way as it is 1) beautiful and 2) you can really ride fast if you choose (or not).  Your MS ride might also be a great option for folks interested in that part of MD.  Seagull is in Oct, so a June ride might be a good bookend, and the scenery might be different as well.  FTR, my Garmin said 909ft for 102 miles, so your ride was hilly in comparison :D

image.thumb.png.d5006e14a5406a2a7495da459271d67d.png