Pretty high on the uncool scale?

shotgun

My wife and I went away for the weekend and my step-daughter and her family stayed with our dogs. Our new son-in-law drinks a lot of vodka when he comes over, any time he comes over. So, I'm not too shocked at this... 

I had a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka on the bar that had 1.5 liters left in it on Friday morning, when we left home. We got home tonight and it's completely empty, right where I left it. I'm glad it wasn't a very expensive bottle, and if it had been, I would have put it away. It was better than the stuff I usually have on hand for him. But, JFC, this is still pretty low.

:angry:

My wife and I went away for the weekend and my step-daughter and her family stayed with our dogs. Our new son-in-law drinks a lot of vodka when he comes over, any time he comes over. So, I'm not too shocked at this... 

I had a 1.75 liter bottle of vodka on the bar that had 1.5 liters left in it on Friday morning, when we left home. We got home tonight and it's completely empty, right where I left it. I'm glad it wasn't a very expensive bottle, and if it had been, I would have put it away. It was better than the stuff I usually have on hand for him. But, JFC, this is still pretty low.

:angry:

He should have filled it back up with water.

• Heart 1

I would have drank your booze, but replaced it with a new bottle.

One question, were you paying them to watch the dogs?  If you weren't maybe he figured he could eat and drink whatever as payment for the favor.  

That's probably what was going through his drunken head, but it's just downright rude

I would have drank your booze, but replaced it with a new bottle.

One question, were you paying them to watch the dogs?  If you weren't maybe he figured he could eat and drink whatever as payment for the favor.  

No, it was clear that they were doing it as a favor. We do plenty for them, so they didn't mind. Plus, they had a much nicer place to stay for the weekend. I fully expected him to drink some of it, as he knows he is welcome to whenever they come over.

They were there three nights, but he was working Friday and Saturday nights at a bar, as a door man. So, YES, that is a lot to drink for one person, even if he is a big guy. And, yes, he does have a problem. And she was dumb enough to marry him a month ago.

Save the empty bottle.  Just before the next time he comes over, set the bottle out back out on the bar

and put a couple of shots of Ouzo in it.

This, I WILL do, but it will remain empty. He will have to settle for the Miller Lite that they bring over when we tell them to BYOB.

now hold on now..I'm not trying to defend anybody here but lets look at the facts again...

1. you had family over to dog sit
  2. you left a big plastic gallon of cheap vodka out in plain sight
  3. son in law is slushy

now son in laws can always be counted on to take advantage of everything. They took advantage of your daughter, so they will certainly take advantage of your hospitality. Since he's a lush, that gallon of vodka might as well have been a pan of brownies set out for grandkids, that's how much a chance that bottle had

I think you did this to yourself. Not that your to blame, but hear me out...guys like you and me have to do the thinking for everybody. You gotta have your shit together and wired up tight at all times or shit like this happens. A slushy son in law, left alone in your house to do you a favor?

that vodka never had a chance

now hold on now..I'm not trying to defend anybody here but lets look at the facts again...

3. son in law is slushy

now son in laws can always be counted on to take advantage of everything. They took advantage of your daughter, so they will certainly take advantage of your hospitality. Since he's a lush, that gallon of vodka might as well have been a pan of brownies set out for grandkids, that's how much a chance that bottle had

I think you did this to yourself. Not that your to blame, but hear me out...guys like you and me have to do the thinking for everybody. You gotta have your shit together and wired up tight at all times or shit like this happens. A slushy son in law, left alone in your house to do you a favor?

* you're*

And remember, punctuation is your friend.

3. son in law is slushy

I can't argue with that. At least he didn't drink my Sapphire gin, or anything else on the bar. I forgot to check on my Jager in the freezer, though...

I can't argue with that. At least he didn't drink my Sapphire gin, or anything else on the bar. I forgot to check on my Jager in the freezer, though...

Wait, I can argue with the details. It was a half gallon of Amsterdam Vodka in a glass bottle, a little of which I had already enjoyed.

Yeah, because alcoholics are really bad people. :rolleyes:

Well, the one my sister is married to has really screwed up her and her two daughters lives. And most alcoholics will drink and drive, even with there kids in the vehicle.

I read every post Shotgun made in this thread, and he sounds more upset that his Vodka is gone, than his daughter married the guy that drank it.

Just sayin'

Just because I didn't start a post about my step-daughter being married to an alky, doesn't mean I like it. Sorry if I mislead you. I just didn't want to make this about her stupid choices. She's 32 yrs old and should have better judgement than that.

She's a fool for marrying him, but she's also a fool for leaving the bonehead she was married to before.

Just because I didn't start a post about my step-daughter being married to an alky, doesn't mean I like it. Sorry if I mislead you. I just didn't want to make this about her stupid choices. She's 32 yrs old and should have better judgement than that.

She's a fool for marrying him, but she's also a fool for leaving the bonehead she was married to before.

when this joker comes over to the house, you should greet him with  your Bible in one hand and your shotgun in the other 

say something like "what choo here fer, boy" and rack that shotgun

Whatever man.

Most of your comments were about your booze being gone, so it seemed like that was your concern.

Whatever man.

Most of your comments were about your booze being gone, so it seemed like that was your concern.

I think the thread was about the action being uncool and not the specific loss of said alcohol.  He said the guy is welcome to what he has.  I read it as the fellow is just an ingrate.

when this joker comes over to the house, you should greet him with  your Bible in one hand and your shotgun in the other 

say something like "what choo here fer, boy" and rack that shotgun

My daughter is 11.  I guess I have four or five years before I need me a shotgun myself.

My daughter is 11.  I guess I have four or five years before I need me a shotgun myself.

So here's what you do when her date shows up.  You take him out to show him your pickup truck.  You point out the size of the bed and explain that it's just the right length for hauling a body.  Then you point out the ground clearance and explain that it will let you get way out in the wood where no one would ever find the a body.  Then you ask him what time he planned on having your daughter home.

• Heart 1

I think the thread was about the action being uncool and not the specific loss of said alcohol. He said the guy is welcome to what he has. I read it as the fellow is just an ingrate.

the complaints were pretty specific about the booze being gone, glad it wasn't the good stuff, and that he needed to check the Jäger in the freezer. That's why I thought he was worried about the booze.

My mistake.

This thread is turning into a soap  opera.

Cruising for a Boozing, watch Indy and Shotgun as the fathers to a young girl who is married to an alchoholic thief, this Thursday at 8 on Fox.

Is this just a pilot or a regular Thursday show?  Is there going to be a spin-off that will eventually become the basis of a reality show?

• Heart 1

This thread is turning into a soap opera.

Cruising for a Boozing, watch Indy and Shotgun as the fathers to a young girl who is married to an alchoholic thief, this Thursday at 8 on Fox.

There's a reason my sister tells me nothing. Her husband is afraid of our father already, my sister knows he's not the one her husband needs to worry about because I'm not a talker. So if I'm up in the area visiting family, she always makes sure her husband isn't around.

There's a reason my sister tells me nothing. Her husband is afraid of our father already, my sister knows he's not the one her husband needs to worry about because I'm not a talker. So if I'm up in the area visiting family, she always makes sure her husband isn't around.

We can work this into episode one!  Keep it coming.

Shut up Jerry.

I'm not Jerry.  I've told you this.

My point is, alcoholics are crazy. Each.and.every.one.   I should know, I happen to know 100s of them and happen to be one.

However, if they have a program of recovery, they have an opportunity to grow as better members of society and live happier lives as a result.

Not_Jerry

• Heart 1

I'm not Jerry. I've told you this.

My point is, alcoholics are crazy. Each.and.every.one. I should know, I happen to know 100s of them and happen to be one.

However, if they have a program of recovery, they have an opportunity to grow as better members of society and live happier lives as a result.

Not_Jerry

But it's not easy to be patient when they are endangering the lives of people. Sisters father in law keeps dragging him to meetings and trying to get him cleaned up but it never sticks because he refuses to admit he has a problem.