Pretty high on the uncool scale?

shotgun

But it's not easy to be patient when they are endangering the lives of people. Sisters father in law keeps dragging him to meetings and trying to get him cleaned up but it never sticks because he refuses to admit he has a problem.

Yup.  It's baffling, isn't it?  I sympathize with you and your family, Indy.  I've witnessed the pain and suffering over and over again.  I've also experienced the pain as well; watching many die as a result of addiction.  It's the hardest and most heart breaking experience I've had in my life.  

There are programs available for people who are going through what you are going though.  PM me if you are interested.

Symbol

But it's not easy to be patient when they are endangering the lives of people. Sisters father in law keeps dragging him to meetings and trying to get him cleaned up but it never sticks because he refuses to admit he has a problem.

I want each of you to stand up right now and draw a cirlce on the floor and step into it.  Everything inside that circle is what you can change.  

Sadly, each of has a pain threshhold that must be breached in order for change to occur.  We will stay trapped in our insanity until the cost of remaining the same is too great.  It took me standing at the edge of a cliff with divorce and the loss of my kids at the bottom for me to realize I needed to change, that I could not do it on my own and that I had to be honest with myself and others if they were going to be able to help me.

Others often think they are helping by not speaking the hard, hurtuful truth in love.  

Shotgun and Indy, I hope that your SIL and BIL reach that breaking point and get help before it is too late.

• Heart 1

I don't remember that thread.  :(

VB1 had a neighbor girl and her boyfriend (if I remember the story correctly) watch their place while he and WoVB1 went back to the old country.  They broke his very expensive coffee machine and messed with his custom Land Rover (or whatever it was).  The rant went on for a week or more.

VB1 had a neighbor girl and her boyfriend (if I remember the story correctly) watch their place while he and WoVB1 went back to the old country. They broke his very expensive coffee machine and messed with his custom Land Rover (or whatever it was). The rant went on for a week or more.

I hear it was actually an old POS Bronco.

My daughter is 11.  I guess I have four or five years before I need me a shotgun myself.

So here's what you do when her date shows up.  You take him out to show him your pickup truck.  You point out the size of the bed and explain that it's just the right length for hauling a body.  Then you point out the ground clearance and explain that it will let you get way out in the wood where no one would ever find the a body.  Then you ask him what time he planned on having your daughter home.

My favorite story in this vein was an an interview with Woody Harrelson.  He said he told his daughter's boyfriend he had a movie for him to watch. :D

• Heart 1

My daughter is 11.  I guess I have four or five years before I need me a shotgun myself.

Don't wager money on that, Trenton. Around 13 or so the kids all start sniffing one another and then crap starts. 2 years max.

Benelli makes a quality shotgun.

• Heart 2

So here's what you do when her date shows up.  You take him out to show him your pickup truck.  You point out the size of the bed and explain that it's just the right length for hauling a body.  Then you point out the ground clearance and explain that it will let you get way out in the wood where no one would ever find the a body.  Then you ask him what time he planned on having your daughter home.

I would first ask him if he would like an autopsy.  Then take him outside to show him the pickup truck...

If he doesn't know what an autopsy is, he'll understand once you follow Kzoo's suggestion.