Impulse buy

Allen

9 hours ago, Allen said:

I forgot what I was looking for originally, but I came across a bioluminescent mushroom kit and couldn’t resist. It’s a kit that allows one to infect a hardwood log with mushroom spores, and the mushrooms glow in the dark. I have got to try to grow some. The kit should arrive in a few days. 

8975D203-0E85-493D-8304-2E5123BFC0AE.jpeg

Those are cool!  I know where lots of these spring up, but wasn’t aware of the bioluminescent properties!  I’ll be out in the woods looking now!  😊 

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, road0315 said:

Somewhat related, a person could purchase a mushroom spore suit for the decomposition of their remains after their soul has departed. I’m interested. 
https://www.sciencealert.com/this-mushroom-suit-digests-your-body-after-you-die

the suit will now officially go on sale as early as April this year, with the first test subject already locked in.

:blink: They’re not even waiting for people to die for the beta testing!

5 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

:blink: They’re not even waiting for people to die for the beta testing!

It seems, though, that people want to know in advance what will happen to their body after they die. We plan and share those plans with others. 

1 hour ago, road0315 said:

Somewhat related, a person could purchase a mushroom spore suit for the decomposition of their remains after their soul has departed. I’m interested. 
https://www.sciencealert.com/this-mushroom-suit-digests-your-body-after-you-die

There is an urn one can buy that is a planter for a sapling. We did something similar for my folks. Didn’t buy a special urn but Pop’s headstone is a dogwood, and Mother’s is an azalea. 

• Awesome 2

17 minutes ago, Allen said:

There is an urn one can buy that is a planter for a sapling. We did something similar for my folks. Didn’t buy a special urn but Pop’s headstone is a dogwood, and Mother’s is an azalea. 

That’s something to think about. Our dog Sapphire is in the backyard with a rose for a marker. 

• Heart 2

34 minutes ago, road0315 said:

That’s something to think about. Our dog Sapphire is in the backyard with a rose for a marker. 

We started a family plot here at Springwood. 

I kinda want a sequoia for my headstone, but I don’t know if it would actually grow here. Probably going with a Japanese maple. 

• Awesome 1

13 hours ago, Allen said:

I forgot what I was looking for originally, but I came across a bioluminescent mushroom kit and couldn’t resist. It’s a kit that allows one to infect a hardwood log with mushroom spores, and the mushrooms glow in the dark. I have got to try to grow some. The kit should arrive in a few days. 

8975D203-0E85-493D-8304-2E5123BFC0AE.jpeg

You could just get a nightlight instead.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1