I just got an offer

Longjohn

My only concern is I have always had an extra car. But then again I wasn’t living alone. If a garage wanted me to drop a vehicle off to be worked on my wife would pick me up. I have hauled my bike to the shop and rode it home but that’s a lot of miles and the weather isn’t always agreeable.

Also when I start working on my car, say I’m changing brake pads and rotors. After I get it torn apart I discover it needs calipers too. With one vehicle I would have to put the car back together and drive to the parts store and then come home and start over.

I do have a nice non-Amish neighbor that lives just up the road that could help me out.

I just thought of another possible solution if I need a vehicle. Four miles up the road is a uhaul rental. I could ride my bike up there and rent a truck if they have one available.

• Heart 4

32 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My only concern is I have always had an extra car. But then again I wasn’t living alone. If a garage wanted me to drop a vehicle off to be worked on my wife would pick me up. I have hauled my bike to the shop and rode it home but that’s a lot of miles and the weather isn’t always agreeable.

Also when I start working on my car, say I’m changing brake pads and rotors. After I get it torn apart I discover it needs calipers too. With one vehicle I would have to put the car back together and drive to the parts store and then come home and start over.

I do have a nice non-Amish neighbor that lives just up the road that could help me out.

I just thought of another possible solution if I need a vehicle. Four miles up the road is a uhaul rental. I could ride my bike up there and rent a truck if they have one available.

Renting a vehicle as needed may be cheaper than insuring and licensing an unneeded vehicle. 

• Heart 4

38 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I usually have an extra truck sitting around that you could borrow.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have seen guys ride their tractors to the bar but town is a little far. Maybe I should buy a motorcycle as an extra vehicle? I see used motorcycles are selling at bargain prices this year.

The thought crossed my mind to sell the 150 and get a motorcycle to ride to work.  I would always have the 350 to ride in shitty weather.  

• Awesome 1

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I’m guessing uber or Lyft isn’t an option out where you are?

33 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You have some helpful neighbours, LJ.

Your son needs a better car for more people.

My son has an old Odyssey he drives to work and his wife has a newer one that they bought while the garage was rebuilding his third engine do to faulty replacement parts used in a timing belt change. They finally got the engine right but it has other issues and is going to need brakes.