Can one of you Cheeseheads explain this to me?

jsharr

OK I'm not a cheesehead but I did stay at a holiday Inn Express once.  Let me give this a shot....

"Wisconsin’s Finest, Inc. provides our customers with the best quality cheese from AMERICA’S DAIRYLAND."

'nough said.....

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

OK I'm not a cheesehead but I did stay at a holiday Inn Express once.  Let me give this a shot....

"Wisconsin’s Finest, Inc. provides our customers with the best quality cheese from AMERICA’S DAIRYLAND."

'nough said.....

Located in Plano, Texas?  

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

distribution center is centrally located in Plano, Texas

So is it made in Wisconsin and then shipped and sold in Texas? 

I’m not sure. Only way for me to find out is to have a real Wisconsinite come down here and get some of their cheese and maybe bring some Wisconsin beer and taste test with me

• Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I’m not sure. Only way for me to find out is to have a real Wisconsinite come down here and get some of their cheese and maybe bring some Wisconsin beer and taste test with me

Do you know any?

One that will be in Alabama in October and is not in a hurry to get back to Wisconsin because him and his wife don't have jobs to get back to.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Seems effed up to me. That's like buying Texas salsa that's distributed from New York City. Probably has beans in it too. Do you think they put beans in the cheese too? I've heard it said that Texans put beans in ever't'ing. Cheese beans; whoda thunk it?

No beans in this and I made it and I am a Texan

01AAD861-20F6-43DB-93A7-5EBCA0F285AD.jpeg

I don't get what the challenge is with a distributor and a distribution center being located in Texas selling Wisconsin cheese.  Where does most of your food come from? Likely distribution centers???  

I think the guy is smart to brand himself around Wisconsin cheese. It gives his business an edge over the Texas cheese industry.  Like French wine sold in Texas - you sort of are happy someone brings the "good" stuff to you rather than having to drive (or fly) there to get it yourself.  Of course, maybe you should consider a move to Wisconsin??  Or at least a house swap arrangement with BR46?

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, BR46 said:

That would depend on how far of a drive his house is from circuit of the americas and what do they have for open track days.

Home of the World Championships | Circuit of The Americas

That is a long way from Casa De Jsharr.  And the highway from Dallas to Austin sucks.