I am honored to renew my $15 membership

Dottleshead

I tried to subscribe, but I don’t have a PayPal account, and I won’t be getting one because a few years ago PP sent me numerous emails about activity on “my account” that didn’t exist. I have trust issues with PP. 

I would subscribe otherwise. 

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I tried to subscribe, but I don’t have a PayPal account, and I won’t be getting one because a few years ago PP sent me numerous emails about activity on “my account” that didn’t exist. I have trust issues with PP. 

I think "Paypal" was not the source of those emails, and likely you might be blaming them unfairly!!!  It's like all the phishing and crazy spam we get from various unsavory folks out there.

2 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

If I trust PP and they hack my checking account, I have nobody to blame but you. 

I also believe (Amen!) that you can use Paypal without an account.  It is simply a middleman in a CC transaction at that point.

ie: CC -> PP -> SW

Just now, Razors Edge said:

As long as a CC, you're fine! Let the CC folks take the heat!

I get that, in theory. But my Capitol One account was not quite the same after someone made two online purchases of expensive clothing with my account and CVV. The company didn’t flag it as unusual because I make online purchases, and when I found them on my statement it took a long phone call and exchange of paperwork to have them removed. After that, I was pretty nervous about keeping that card open. 

6 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

After that, I was pretty nervous about keeping that card open. 

Capital One should have IMMEDIATELY locked that card and sent you a replacement.  If they didn't, that's total BS!

Some CCs - and probably Cap One - will also issue one-time credit card numbers tied back to your account.  Those may help if you are really worried.

16 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Capital One should have IMMEDIATELY locked that card and sent you a replacement.  If they didn't, that's total BS!

Ok, so even as we speak mr. is on the phone with a card company about some airline charges we didn’t make. They shut the card and are sending us replacements with a new account number. Peace be the system. 

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

I will gladly pay for your subscription with my paypal.

17 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Ok, so even as we speak mr. is on the phone with a card company about some airline charges we didn’t make. They shut the card and are sending us replacements with a new account number. Peace be the system. 

You should buy a lottery ticket!

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

For people who want to purchase, PayPal is the processes used by the software.  You do not need a PayPal account, you can put in a credit card or debit card too.

The software does not currently allow one to buy another a membership.  Sorry.

I am a PayPal fan even before Mars became a thing.