My New Recliner - I think

MickinMD

I finally found the electric, high-back, cupholder and arm-storage compartments recliner.

I found it at Costco online after hitting Lazyboy and a bunch of big and tiny furniture places.

We're still not absolute sure it's in stock but it's supposed to arrive in "5 to 7 business days" which would mean it may come when I move into my house on Wed. June 30th or Thurs, Fri or even later. I'll be given the arrival date "when it ships."  Many Costco online stuff is marked "out of stock" right away when you look at its page and this recliner below wasn't, so I took a chance on my sister's urging and hopefully I'll get it next week.

If worse comes to worse, I live with a sports-viewing lawn chair.  I'll also probably buy a queen box spring and mattress set, put it on the floor, and order a queen bed/nightstand/drawers deal and wait for it to come in a couple months.  I may also deal with temporary tables and borrowed chairs until a kitchen set arrives.

I ordered it in gray - it will match whatever furniture I get later - and it has electric controls for headrest and footrest. I also has a USB charging port which I'll love for my phone.

1960770777_ReclinerCostcoPagebrief.thumb.JPG.83c41ca1676e5ff93192e15b7ecf9029.JPG

imageService5.jpg.64829d41b506f99cbc8da42689d67e44.jpg imageService6.jpg.964604fee89bbc74388e7b954ba01f85.jpg

694052008_ProductDetails.thumb.JPG.957d5b729acbf0623c8558d4074d5b03.JPG

560668524_ProductDetails2.thumb.JPG.ba4d61e36f561e5695c1ab28f940ffd8.JPG

• Heart 4

9 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It also has a USB charging port which I'll love for my phone.

One has to wonder how much longer the USB standard will be in use.  My iPhone came with a USB-C to Lightning Cable and not the larger & older USB-to-lightning cable.  Not sure how long it will be for that transition to finally happen?

38 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

One has to wonder how much longer the USB standard will be in use.  My iPhone came with a USB-C to Lightning Cable and not the larger & older USB-to-lightning cable.  Not sure how long it will be for that transition to finally happen?

Not sure but I noticed our new bedroom furniture came with 3 USB and one power plug built in, kinda angled off the back of the night stand.  Way cleaner without all the plugs on the nightstand. 

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Not sure but I noticed our new bedroom furniture came with 3 USB and one power plug built in, kinda angled off the back of the night stand.  Way cleaner without all the plugs on the nightstand. 

We all definitely suffer from charger overload!  I like the idea of a cleaner look & feel to my nightstand, and I'd love to just have a few "just the right length" cables rather than too long or too short cables plus all the associated plugs.  A least the Apple plugs are small and nest well with each other, but my Garmin or Kindle or other chargers have monster plugs that take up too much space.  Just having the cable would be way better.  The newer USB-C, though is even nicer as it takes up less room on a laptop's side, but I can see USB-C to "old-school USB" adapters being a thing in the coming years.

21 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I guess I'll have to get an adapter if they change - I assume my USB port will be the old style big one.  My new laptop has 3 older-style USB ports and one USB-C port.  I used to have a USB to USB-C cable plugged into a charger in a wall outlet next to my old recliner since it charged my phone, Garmin Edge, Kindle Fire, etc. faster than my laptop did.