I Was Dropped Like A Bag Of Rocks!

Razors Edge

26 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Assist up to 28 mph. 120 mile range, 2.5 hours charging time. Weighs about the same as my steel gravel bike (28-30 lbs). $6,000 for that model I believe but you could get the S-Works version for $14,000.

And way stealthier than a more traditional ebike.  I suspected he was cheating ;), but couldn't confirm until I got home.

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You should have called the police on those socks.

Those are great socks......................... if he was going to the mall........... or Applebees........... while wearing jeans that cover them up. 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Allen said:

I have those panniers in silver. 

I have a big back rack on my bike which will hold a nice pair over the sides.  I've wanted to go grocery shopping for small amounts on my bike but every approach to a supermarket - except one - requires traveling on high-speed roads with no shoulder or bike lane and too long a stretch on the road.

28 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I noticed that your drive back avoided OH. Good decision. From IN to KY, did you wave to @Parr8hed? He lives near the border. 

I only waved towards @JerrySTL when we saw the big arch off to the side.  Parr8 is too busy working and going to softball tourneys to see me drive by. I flipped Ohio the bird!  We were this close!

image.png.c451cbf12a34b55fb081681075374c1f.png

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Are you glad or miserable to be back?  When will you list your house?

Both?  I miss CA and CO, and am happy to be able to get some rides in locally for a change.  But, we are now in phase 3 (or 4 or 15) of the estate settlement process, so once this VA property is listed and sold, we can do a payout.  Then we can decide next steps.

But, damn, it is near impossible for me to think of a better "daily" ride than one that parallels the ocean and is 60o-75o normally.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 4:51 PM, Razors Edge said:

I only waved towards @JerrySTL when we saw the big arch off to the side.  Parr8 is too busy working and going to softball tourneys to see me drive by. I flipped Ohio the bird!  We were this close!

image.png.c451cbf12a34b55fb081681075374c1f.png

stop by some time.  I will make time.

• Awesome 1

On 6/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, Old No. 7 said:

Assist up to 28 mph. 120 mile range, 2.5 hours charging time. Weighs about the same as my steel gravel bike (28-30 lbs). $6,000 for that model I believe but you could get the S-Works version for $14,000.

For $4k or less you could get an Orbea or Cannondale that weighs much less. The S-Works is almost $15k and 30lbs vs a 26lb Orbea for $4k. 

This seems to be overstated:

The Turbo Creo SL isn’t just the lightest e-bike of its kind—it’s, literally, pounds lighter than the competition.

1 hour ago, denniS said:

For $4k or less you could get an Orbea or Cannondale that weighs much less. The S-Works is almost $15k and 30lbs vs a 26lb Orbea for $4k. 

This seems to be overstated:

The Turbo Creo SL isn’t just the lightest e-bike of its kind—it’s, literally, pounds lighter than the competition.

But assist to 28 vs 20 is a real thing for some commuters.  That guy easily rolled past me above 20 mph, and when things flatten out hitting 28 easily is what sells these bikes to the masses.