TMIA

jsharr
Go to solution Solved by Former member,

Same thing I eat every weekday morning.  Oatmeal with a handful of dried cranberries and blueberries thrown in.  1/2 litre of water and now I am nibbling on some dried figs, which are yummy if you can get past the fact they look like dried patties from cows owned by the Keebler elves

Wheat is out, Man.   ;)    

All the cool kids are gluten free now.   :rolleyes:

you mean all the hippy pinko communists out west

Wheaties

if you have any dreams of someday being able to be strong like Bigwood Nate, you need to eat your Wheaties

This morning I ate two eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup cubed ham and 1/8 cup grated cheddar cheese.  Approx 350 cals. 3 carbs, 16 grams fat, 15 grams of protein, 2 grams sugar.

It was good.

That's almost identical to what I had. 

We had some left over black forest ham left over, so I cut up about 1/4 cup worth and had that with some mushrooms and 3 eggs.

• Heart 1

In honour of the late Truett Cathy, I stopped and got a chic-fil-a biscuit and a diet coke on the way in to the office this mornng.

May he RIP.

I wanted your input on the meal.  And I need your diet plan if you have one.  I am wasting my time in the gym until I start eating right and quit sabotaging myself with late night snacks. 

• Heart 1

I wanted your input on the meal.  And I need your diet plan if you have one.  I am wasting my time in the gym until I start eating right and quit sabotaging myself with late night snacks. 

Normal meal......approx. 15 grms of protein (chicken, eggs whites, turkey, or fish). 

2 servings of a relatively low carb veggie steamed or boiled.  (Greens, squash, okra, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, etc)

1 piece of fruit.

Stay away from the sweets (this is my downfall).

I agree.  I went to the gym for a year, lost nothing.  My trainer told me to shut my mouth.  That's when I started tracking calories.  A little over 2 years later I am down about 45 pounds, and have kept it all off.

I am not convinced exercise has a lot to do with weight, at least for me.  It's what I jam down my pie hole.

I agree.  I went to the gym for a year, lost nothing.  My trainer told me to shut my mouth.  That's when I started tracking calories.  A little over 2 years later I am down about 45 pounds, and have kept it all off.

I am not convinced exercise has a lot to do with weight, at least for me.  It's what I jam down my pie hole.

I can be a fat athlete pretty darn easily.  My uphill times would be terrible though, if I don't watch what I eat.

it's probably about an 80 or 90% what you eat vesus exercise.

Hell, running a marathon or riding a century only burn off about 3500 Kcals (if that).  You can easily eat that much more than you need in a single day.

Want to lose a pound a week, try to have a calorie deficit of about 3500 kcals/ week.  Additionally, eat to control insulin and inflammation.  If you do that, you will have a much much better chance of seeing weight loss.

I overheard a conversation last night.  I was walking by an enormous woman talking to somebody, it seemed like a stranger.  The enormous woman said "I have been speed-walking for 10 years now, and I was 695 when I started and down to 280 now."  I am presuming pounds, because I live in the only country that matters, btw.

Good for her, but I bet she must have altered her diet a little, at least.