So, intermittent fasting is going well.

MoseySusan

9 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

We’ve also stopped drinking alcoholic beverages for awhile. That’s been the harder change than to fast through typical mealtimes. Every tv show we watch includes having drinks, but not many portray people having a meal. I’m feeling ok, but mr. is struggling with muscle aches and tiredness. He could have just come down with something, and it correlates with these dietary changes. 
Noticeable metabolic improvements are that (1) my fullness signal is stronger and I’ve been able to stop eating instead of pushing past it to clear my plate, (2) blood sugar levels are stable, unless I eat yogurt for breakfast. Yogurt triggers cravings later on. (3) 10 pounds lighter. 

You’re fasting 16 hours and eating during 8? And how long have you been at it?

16 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You’re fasting 16 hours and eating during 8? And how long have you been at it?

June 15.

I’m going to edit the weight loss. Both mr. and I dropped 3 pounds within two days. I’m thinking that was water. It’s been a steady and gradual loss since then. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

I’m going to edit the weight loss. Both mr. and I dropped 3 pounds within two days. I’m thinking that was water. It’s been a steady and gradual loss since then. 

Wife an I have been doing the 18 off 6 on for the past year and a half. We break it up on Saturdays by having crepes with the lil one when she wakes up and occasionally go 20 hours just cause life gets in the way. 

We had weight loss in the past but the biggest benefit is what you've already noticed; more stable glucose levels, more accurate "full gauge" and we appreciate the meals we make together now moreso. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

June 15.

Congratulations! Question: does coffee break the fast? I can wait until noon for a meal but I’d miss a morning coffee. At least at first.

I really want to try this when life gets a little more normal.  There were a number of days in the last couple weeks where I would eat breakfast at 0630-0730ish and not get a chance to eat again until 830 or 9 at night when we are back off the water.  I need to do some reading on this for when life gets normal.  My wife normally does a 9-15 without really trying so I dont think it would be a big jump for us.

22 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I really want to try this when life gets a little more normal.  There were a number of days in the last couple weeks where I would eat breakfast at 0630-0730ish and not get a chance to eat again until 830 or 9 at night when we are back off the water.  I need to do some reading on this for when life gets normal.  My wife normally does a 9-15 without really trying so I dont think it would be a big jump for us.

Best of luck.

As you can guess, I am a bit petite...but of course a small person, when they gain weight, it doesn't take much because they are smaller, stuff just shows.  I had a job at a major construction project in Metro Vancouver, where I ate an ok breakfast (actually 2 mini breakfasts before 9:00 am) and wouldn't eat lunch, then supper at 7:00pm-7:30pm... I had a 1.5 hr. one-way commute homeward, where part of it was cycling 15 km. (after picking up bike at transit station lockup) part of 45 km. route. That style of eating wasn't good for  me.  I actually gained abit of weight. :unsure: My body probably went into starvation mode by hanging onto food energy reserves.

7 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

A fitness author named Brad Pilon wrote Eat Stop Eat. His IF system is different. 
https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Stop-Intermittent-Fasting-English-ebook/dp/B076134V88

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Here.  I posted this here a couple of years ago.  Dr. Jason Fung is a Nephrologist in Toronto who pretty much pioneered the use of IF to prevent the really undesirable effects of Diabetes.  Well worth the 1:11 to watch, if you want to understand IF and why it works.  It addresses why calories in vs calories out doesn't work. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

It's interesting....  I actually haven't eaten a real lunch for past 15-20 yrs.  Most people are shocked....however I never felt guilty..because I actually ate 2 mini breakfasts before 9:00 or so.

However I've gained some weight this yr...I'm probably snacking more often because I'm at home, working full-time.  If I eat a huge lunch, I will not have hardly anything for dinner.