Holy hell

Chopped Liver

30+ emails between me and my boss.....and it all ends up with what I said in the first fucking email.

WTF is in the water today that people drank at breakfast?

This kind of thing has happened to me FAR TOO OFTEN. Even moreso at my previous employer. My last two bosses were both so clueless it hurt.

This kind of thing has happened to me FAR TOO OFTEN. Even moreso at my previous employer. My last two bosses were both so clueless it hurt.

Seriously, all I wanted was notification when a process in another dept. is running longer than the normal time frame.   I've wasted a full day doing work only to find out the dataset was incomplete at the time it was pulled.   2 hours later, the dataset was complete, but no one told me a damned thing. 

Idiot in my dept. suggested I pull the dataset 2 times.....every day.  WTF kind of stupid ass shit is tht?

Seriously, all I wanted was notification when a process in another dept. is running longer than the normal time frame.   I've wasted a full day doing work only to find out the dataset was incomplete at the time it was pulled.   2 hours later, the dataset was complete, but no one told me a damned thing. 

Idiot in my dept. suggested I pull the dataset 2 times.....every day.  WTF kind of stupid ass shit is tht?

I took a walk in the woods for four hours today at work. :)

• Heart 1

I used to have a manager who would force as one of my annual goals "shall release X number of updates to <product>". This was completely dependent on the number of issues found, the team that determine which fixes would be done or not, etc.... There was no possibly way I had ANY control over the number or releases in a year. I was only the shlub who made the fixes that were approved.

You just need to say it fucking LOUDER next time.  Rookie.   :D

actually, now that I've had a full 5 hours sleep on it....if today is a repeat of yesterday, they can figure out how to do this shit without me.  The old power company would probably be glad to have me back there.  Either in the accounting dept. or in the IT dept. 

actually, now that I've had a full 5 hours sleep on it....if today is a repeat of yesterday, they can figure out how to do this shit without me.  The old power company would probably be glad to have me back there.  Either in the accounting dept. or in the IT dept. 

I know what you speak of.  You don't need it, sir.  Sounds like they're running lean.