Fat Free/Non Fat Yogurt

Nate

help me out here...isn't yogurt made from milk fat?

how the fuck can you have fat free yogurt?

do you really want to eat something that has the chemical properties of fat, but has a different chemical formula?

WTF, the molecule must be the size of a baseball

so what the hell...how did you chicks let this slip by?

help me out here...isn't yogurt made from milk fat?

how the fuck can you have fat free yogurt?

do you really want to eat something that has the chemical properties of fat, but has a different chemical formula?

WTF, the molecule must be the size of a baseball

so what the hell...how did you chicks let this slip by?

No, it's technically the sugars in the milk that are fermented into lactic acid....that's what gives the yogurt it's tangyness. 

but I'm right that if it was natural yogurt it really couldn't be fat free, though, right?

what I'm getting at is all the yogurt in the grocery store I go to is non fat yogurt. It seems like there used to be non fat yogurt and regular yogurt

Listen up my backwoods friend, don't talk shit about what you don't know.  Yogurt is made with milk not just milk fat. Yogurt is made with whole milk, 2% milkfat, 1% milkfat and skim (nonfat).  Yogurt can also be made with goat milk, sheep's milk, hell they can also use camel milk for all I know.   Whole milk yogurt has milkfat in it.  Yogurt made with nonfat milk has very little milkfat, so they can market it as 'fat free' to the unwashed who don't know shit from shinola. 

Greek yogurt uses more milk and is thicker and has more protein though most commercial greek yogurt uses pectin and gelatin to make it thicker which isn't that good and is kind of like false advertising. 

Listen up my backwoods friend, don't talk shit about what you don't know.  Yogurt is made with milk not just milk fat. Yogurt is made with whole milk, 2% milkfat, 1% milkfat and skim (nonfat).  Yogurt can also be made with goat milk, sheep's milk, hell they can also use camel milk for all I know.   Whole milk yogurt has milkfat in it.  Yogurt made with nonfat milk has very little milkfat, so they can market it as 'fat free' to the unwashed who don't know shit from shinola. 

Greek yogurt uses more milk and is thicker and has more protein though most commercial greek yogurt uses pectin and gelatin to make it thicker which isn't that good and is kind of like false advertising. 

who's talking shit? I'm fucking asking a question :dontknow:

I seem to remember a time when there was real yogurt on the store shelves, but all I find anymore is non fat yogurt

What I was referring to was in your original post you asked, "isn't yogurt made from milk fat?"  FFS you live in Pennsylvania's dairy region, you ought to know yogurt's made with milk.  It's also very easy and inexpensive to make your own. 

not necessarily, yogurt is fru-fru food and decent folk don't eat it and they damn sure don't make it

Decent people churn butter, make ice cream and make whipped cream for inside of cream filled donuts and also for whoopee pies