I stink like a pig

jsharr

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

@Allen I wish you could see our fireflies.  They do a dipping j shaped flash or a straight line flash with a very rapid blink

The j shaped flash are p. Pyralis, common names, Big Dipper lighting bug, or, common eastern lighting bug. 
The straight line ones could be any number of verities, but p. australis fits that description. Common names for australis are, Southern lighting bug, and, bush baby. 

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We send a crew there every year.  He may.  We have a few boys who have the triple crown award.

Not with Boy Scouts but my grandson is planning to go to the Boundary Waters in early March 2022 with me for a several day sled dog trip. We will be taking 2 teams, snowtrekker hot tent with wood burning stove.

• Awesome 1

8 hours ago, jsharr said:

Sorry @Wilbur but I really do.  My feet hurt, I have bug bites and my back is sore but my heart is full.

Have 40 boys from the suburbs of Dallas in the Ozark mountains learning to face fears, try new things, like rabbit stew  and learning to be responsible for themselves not on mom and dad.  

My son is thousands of miles away paddling a canoe and challenging himself in the boundary waters of Minnesota and I miss him but know that he will rise to the challenge and see and do things that many people will never do.

I have gotten to watch boys transform in days from being homesick and worried to leading patrols of other boys.  

We start at sun up and do not finish until  10 or 11 each night.

Good night from Kia Kima.

most awesome experiences :)  very cool

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Not with Boy Scouts but my grandson is planning to go to the Boundary Waters in early March 2022 with me for a several day sled dog trip. We will be taking 2 teams, snowtrekker hot tent with wood burning stove.

If I had more dogs and sleds I would invite you and your son to go along.