How Many Olives Are Too Many Olives?

Razors Edge
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

About 1o would make a decent snack

plain green olives with pimento are 25 calories for 5

So, I went with - according to the label - about 6 or 7 servings (3 olives!).  Hit close to the sodium limit with that, but I had sweated a ton earlier on a ride, so not too worried about that.  Probably why I kept eating them.

image.png.42d578bad8b26cf7108edbe689a27f61.png

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I consider them healthy and high calorie. They are probably high in sodium but I haven’t actually checked.

They are… I had to cut them out as well as pickles.  Snack items for diabetics with high blood pressure is tough…

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I was snacking last night on some olives, and was wondering when to stop.  Just one or two is just a tease, but a couple dozen is probably overkill???

I stayed below the two dozen "limit" I set, but perhaps I could have (should have) eaten some more.

When I eat pasta in marinara-type sauces, I often also eat 1-2 dill pickle spears of about 7 pitted olives.

One or two is definitely a tease!

• Heart 1

I just put a pizza into the oven, to which I added 6 Castelvetrano olives and about the same in Kalamata olives.  I also put on some sheep milk feta, aged cheddar, and fresh mozzarella cheeses, and near the end I will add a crap ton of fresh basil from my basil plant.

It will be a salt bomb because of the olives and feta.  I am having a beer now, too, because I like beer and should have  beer and be happy about it.

• Heart 1