A case of Guinness

BR46

Speaking of beer. I am debating whether to bottle this weekend or drop to a secondary. The only reason I'd drop to a secondary is to remove the beer from the trub; there's a lot of sediment in the bottom of the primary fermenter and I don't want any of that in the bottled beer. I can also dry hop an ounce of Ahtanum while clarifying the beer another week. I tested the changes I made to the siphon and that works well. I used a thief to steal a sample of the beer to get a gravity reading (and a taste test). The gravity is 1.016 down from 1.070, so it's coming along. I'd prefer a final of 1.010 or lower, so I will transfer to the secondary on Saturday or Sunday and add the ounce of hops for aroma. Taste is on target. This will be a batch worth repeating.

PS those gravity number translate to about 8% ABV

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I have some in the fridge downstairs. I should give it to my brother before I get tempted. Since Dr. Google said to improve my extraction fraction I need to cut out alcohol and get more exercise I have been doing really well. I don’t want to mess it up now.

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1