I felt like a rebel…

ChrisL

I keep one in the car, but haven't worn it this week. Our governor lifted the health emergency status as of yesterday. DHHS discontinued the Covid reporting dashboard at the same time. I went to a client earlier this week and he asked if I had shaved my beard. I never had a beard. It dawned on me he had only seen me with my mask. But he thought for sure I had a beard under it!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

We have had rebels for at least a year in stores. Nobody made a fuss. I went into a Walmart for the first time in a year and a half the other day. Nobody was wearing a mask. They did seem to keep a distance in the checkout line. All hospitals and medical facilities still require a mask, no exceptions. At the LGS yesterday I was in line behind a large family, maybe six kids ten years old and up. They only bought a few items. The whole family was wearing cloth masks except for the biggest teenager. Teenage rebel. I couldn’t figure out why the kids didn’t wait in the car. The parents didn’t buy much. Maybe it was a foster family and they have rules against leaving kids in the car.

I still have to wear one at work because of policy for non vaxed people, but on April 20th, and one willing to produce a passport were able to take theirs off. 
I heard in the next week or so, there will be no mandates for vaxed or non vaxed in the stores anymore. They are getting ready to remove all the plastic barriers also soon

3 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

They are getting ready to remove all the plastic barriers also soon

I kind of like some of the plastic barriers. Some were weird but the ones that were done right I would like to see stay. The ones in Giant Eagle pharmacy you couldn’t hear through.They ask your name, what did you say? Your name, I need to know your name. You say your name, I didn’t catch that can you repeat it? Even if you could read lips it didn’t help because everyone wore a mask.

Just now, Longjohn said:

I kind of like some of the plastic barriers. Some were weird but the ones that were done right I would like to see stay. The ones in Giant Eagle pharmacy you couldn’t hear through.They ask your name, what did you say? Your name, I need to know your name. You say your name, I didn’t catch that can you repeat it? Even if you could read lips it didn’t help because everyone wore a mask.

Our cashier plexi might stay, but we have had barriers between computers that will be leaving for sure. They were useless since they basically put up false walls up in a room of 15 computers (room is only 25 feet long and 10 feet wide. one way in and out, and ZERO air flow) people were sitting back to back and walking past each other the whole time. 

• Haha 1

Oregon lifted the mask requirement Wednesday. We went out to a weekly street thing. Small town thing. Shops open late w sidewalk seating, food trucks, vendors handing out free booze, etc. It was weird. Hardly anyone had masks on & no social distancing. I was waiting in line for tacos & people behind were crowding, Almost shoulder to shoulder. Then people walking in front on the passageway. I was very uncomfortable