My financial planner

BR46

What I would give to be rich enough to have a financial planner. Actually I just do my own. Have my plans at Vanguard and Fidelity and choose my own mutual funds from their offerings. When it comes time to start on Medicare I may need help navigating. 

• Heart 1

Our rep from the Financial planning company is a great guy, but he should retire. He knows it, but he just can't bring himself to stay out of the office. He actually brought on a junior partner and a couple other staff members a few years ago. I know the partner and one of the staff from my days at the large corporation. The partner is very bright, but he sees a path to wealth for him that I'm not always sure is in the best interest of others. The other guy is smart, but kind of goofy. I talk to him most because he looked to me as a mentor at the corporation before I went into IT. He still gives me that respect. Can't complain too loud because my 401k is performing better than the market as a whole..

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I was really expecting a pic of wo46. :D

Wo46 is the one who won't let me go to the motorcycle shop without adult supervision. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

What I would give to be rich enough to have a financial planner. Actually I just do my own. Have my plans at Vanguard and Fidelity and choose my own mutual funds from their offerings. When it comes time to start on Medicare I may need help navigating. 

I'm sure you're fine managing on your own.  

In CAnada, before retirement, is planning in a tax-efficient way for the future...