State of Elsa

goldendesign

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

rain and flooding

And that is true, they're forecasting about 8" from 6pm to 6am in my neighborhood. But, we've got good drainage and are in the relative high ground for being about 5 miles inland from the bay and 8 miles to the gulf. We'll be perfectly fine. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, goldendesign said:

And that is true, they're forecasting about 8" from 6pm to 6am in my neighborhood. But, we've got good drainage and are in the relative high ground for being about 5 miles inland from the bay and 8 miles to the gulf. We'll be perfectly fine. 

So, you made your daughter fill sand bags?  :) 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

that tree thing looks like a pair of zoomie headers from a prehistoric hot rod

IF you had gotten a degree in horticulture from some prestigious ag. school you would known that they call that a root system.

You're welcome.

26 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

Well it's over. Heavy rain and winds started about 11pm. Tje stronger gusts would wake me up but for the most part it was a 6+ hour thunderstorm. 

Just went out and surveyed the area. Neighbors lost a good sized branch off their oak, some knucklehead left their basketball hoop up and now it's in the road in a few pieces. That's it. We're all just a bit more wet then usual. 

Glad you're safe!

• Heart 2

Here in Orlando it was a non-event failing to measure up to the chicken little sky is falling news media hype for the past week. While projected to impact in the middle of the night around 1 or 2, I woke around 4:30 and wondered if slept through it as perfectly calm outside and peering into the darkness didn't appear wet with noticeable absence of lawn debris. Was wondering if I needed to turn the sprinkler system back on for the scheduled Wednesday watering. Rain finally arrived around 6AM, no wind. We have had worse afternoon thunderstorms. I am sure Tampa/Clearwater got a lot as it skirted just offshore. Entire path stayed in line with Navy projection for the past few days (prefer Navy site over NOAA due to their vested interest in both commercial shipping lanes and prep/preservation of military assets) passing 34 NM west of MacDill AFB which is on a  peninsula in the middle of Tampa Bay. 

• Heart 2