So is your dog a garbage hound?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

Depends on what's in the trash. If it's normal trash, they are good dingos. BUT if there is anything to deal with chicken or bones, they all lost their brains and will go after it. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Depends on what's in the trash. If it's normal trash, they are good dingos. BUT if there is anything to deal with chicken or bones, they all lost their brains and will go after it. 

One time with the previous Boston I thought for sure she had eaten chicken bones, so I was worried for days and finally decided she probably didn't get into them and breathed a sigh of relief.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

One time with the previous Boston I thought for sure she had eaten chicken bones, so I was worried for days and finally decided she probably didn't get into them and breathed a sigh of relief.

Our youngest (part something and part evil) has a death grip I have not seen on a dog before. I try to pinch her paws when she has something she shouldn't and I can break them apart. She once got a chicken bone.. took me about 10 min to get it out of her mouth. 

• Haha 1

When we first got Maggie, she'd rummage through the garbage, even jump up on the counter when we weren't looking. Especially if pizza was involved. :unsure:  But she hasn't done it in years. I guess she knows she'll always have a never ending supply of food/water now.

Nope.  Of course, we keep out kitchen trash tucked away, so she can't easily get to it.

After 11 years, she finally did something new just the other day!  My wife left some full size Greenies on our high topped kitchen table but just near the edge.  We normally break a Greenie into many smaller pieces, but these were a strip of the whole 5" length ones.  Anyway, she must have smelled them, as I watched her wander into the kitchen, look around, and then stand on her hind legs to get just high enough too snatch a couple Greenies from the table!!!!  I nabbed her in the act!!!!

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, team scooter said:

When we first got Maggie, she'd rummage through the garbage, even jump up on the counter when we weren't looking. Especially if pizza was involved. :unsure:  But she hasn't done it in years. I guess she knows she'll always have a never ending supply of food/water now.

No one asked about counter surfing. If counter surfing was an event all three of mine would be champions. Counter surfers extraordinaire the whole lot of them. 

55738D97-7279-490D-AB1B-09B7D6CEFD2C.jpeg

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

No one asked about counter surfing. If counter surfing was an event all three of mine would be champions. Counter surfers extraordinaire the whole lot of them. 

55738D97-7279-490D-AB1B-09B7D6CEFD2C.jpeg

I just showed this pic to Rudy.  He asked why he’s not allowed to do that.  He hasn’t counter surfed in over a year.  We still don’t trust him.

• Haha 1