What reminder app do you prefer and why?

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

I was a heavy user of the built-in Reminders app on eyephone, but lately I have been using Alarmed because of the nag feature, which sadly I sort of seem to need. What aboot you?  Besides safari and radio paradise,  reminders are the killer app of the phone for me with my sieve memory. :(  15 minutes is my most common setting for it.  It is good if I am too busy with something else when a reminder goes off.  Also, the dog barking is my preferred sound  Dawgz often take note and head tilt or bark when they hear it.  :D 

I don't do reminders often except for "Free Countdown Timer" on my laptop.

I set it to remind me about an hour ahead of time or so of doctor's appointments, when food in the oven needs to be checked, etc. so that I don't get involved with the computer and lose track of time.

I also use Google Calendar on both phone and laptop to keep track of appointment days/times.

image.png.4a5a4d54f382cf8ee3bb03a12e66c1d5.png

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Honestly I never use one. Other people tell me what to do. 

I don't either, I always thought that the resident iphone reminder app is kinda horrible and cumbersome.   I will check out the Alarmed app, do you like it a lot or just kind of tolerate it, Ralph?

When I worked I used Outlook for my schedule/email/notes/reminders/etc..   I retired... I still use Outlook.   It syncs with my phone and most times I can type my reminders into my laptop which I think is soooo much easier than using the phone. (Yeah I'm old and won't change)

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I don't either, I always thought that the resident iphone reminder app is kinda horrible and cumbersome.   I will check out the Alarmed app, do you like it a lot or just kind of tolerate it, Ralph?

I like it a lot. I stumbled a little getting started but it is smooth sailing now. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, Kzoo said:

IPhone Reminders.  "Siri, set a reminder for tomorrow at 9:00 am" and done.

I tried Siri with alarmed, no go. So I do that with Siri using the Apple Reminder app when I need to. Actually since they have improved the native reminders app, I am just missing the nag feature, and I wish they would add one more option to the snooze options, remind me tonight, or better yet let you select your own snooze options. Apple reminders are better than Alarmed for having multiple snooze options easily available from the quick acknowledgement screen.  Alarmed is more flexible in choosing a snooze time when you configure the alert but only gives you that one choice on the quick acknowledgement screen.

• 2 months later...

I use the Notes app on my iPhone for short term things. Or a place to take a quick important note/reminder for something to go on the calendar.  I use the Outlook calendar at work and calendars are shared with about 4 people at work.  The Outlook calendar integrates with the calendar function on the iPhone.  I can accept meeting invites from either the iPhone mail or Outlook mail and both calendars are synched.

At my desk I use some ToDo software to track daily/weekly todo's to drive productivity.  First thing every day I redo my todo list from yesterday's leftover document and print a fresh/current copy and it sits beside my laptop on my desk.  I update it with a pen throughout the day.

I like Free Countdown Timer when I want to be reminded of something that day or the next: when to stop cooking, when to get ready for a medical appointment, etc.  You can set a countdown timer or time to a date and time.

I like Google Calendar when I want to list future appointments, birthdays, etc. that are some days, weeks, or months ahead.  There are apps for computer browsers and smartphones that sync with each other.