32 miles; not since spring 2019

MoseySusan

AWESOME!!!!

30 miles, to me, is the perfect distance for a "regular" ride.  Short enough you can do it most days, but long enough that it "counts" as a workout.  In the winter or early spring, I get stuck with shorter 18-20 miles rides, and those are almost depressing as the prep time and cool-down are almost equal to ride time :(

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

AWESOME!!!!

30 miles, to me, is the perfect distance for a "regular" ride.  Short enough you can do it most days, but long enough that it "counts" as a workout.  In the winter or early spring, I get stuck with shorter 18-20 miles rides, and those are almost depressing as the prep time and cool-down are almost equal to ride time :(

My commute was 7 miles, twice a day. I took it in regular clothes and shoes. On weekends we’d ride 11 or 12 because that’s about as far as #2 son cares to go on the tandem. 
32 felt big last week, but this week it felt ok, including the short climb from the valley to the diversion channel. Ten degrees cooler today from last week really makes a difference. 
This is the first half before we stopped for coffee. 
https://www.relive.cc/view/vdvmDGzmVxq

11 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

My commute was 7 miles, twice a day. I took it in regular clothes and shoes. On weekends we’d ride 11 or 12 because that’s about as far as #2 son cares to go on the tandem. 
32 felt big last week, but this week it felt ok, including the short climb from the valley to the diversion channel. Ten degrees cooler today from last week really makes a difference. 
This is the first half before we stopped for coffee. 
https://www.relive.cc/view/vdvmDGzmVxq

7x2 adds up fast!

And cycling is one of those sports - like running or swimming - where the start back is tough, but definitely gets easier until a plateau is found.  For me, that has generally been those 30 miles rides.  If I had more time - consistently - that would really be 40 or 50, but <2 hours is easier to grab then 3 hours would be.  

And, yes, cooler temps are great (down to a certain point), and temps above 90 or 100 definitely will start having negative impacts.  High 60s to low 80s are perfect temps to ride.