CL's training log

Ok,...time to get my fat arse back in some shape.

I'm gonna log the workouts here....maybe the food intake as well.

Comments are welcome.

As for a little info:  I don't have any specific ride goals in mind at this point in time.   I may decide to do a metric next year.  Maybe the MS150 or the Tour de Cure.....or maybe I'll just do a bike tour.  As I said, no specific goals in mind at the moment...just want to get in better shape.

So far, this month I have:

9/4: 46 mins on the torture chamber at avg, HR of 138 bpm

9/6: 60 mins on the torture chamber at avg, HR of 143 bpm

and tonight 9/10. 44 mins on the torture chamber at avg. 140 bpm.

I plan to ride 4 times a week if my schedule will let me.   Generally looking at Wed, Thurs. and Sat., Sun, as days I can put my arse in the saddle.  Weekends will hopefully permit at least one progressively longer ride...outdoors.

If I can, I'll throw some calesthenics in on occasion, but aerobic work is the primary goal, I believe.

• Heart 1

I used to keep logs. Its actually pretty cool to be able to look back and see what was going on. I remember reading one of my logs and coming across the log when I got run over in 2008.

Some of the things that I found useful to track was...

my morning weight

some measure of how hilly a ride was. Before GPS, I used to record how many of the hills I rode over actually had names.

what was sore afterward (this is how I know my left knee has been bothering me since 2006)

I also recorded weight lifting sessions, heavy chores (like when I split firewood all afternoon), long hikes...all the other stuff I did

one year I kept a journal and wrote a paragraph about my ride when I got home. This was different from a training log, which I also kept separately. The journal is great to look back at now. I'm glad I did it, but it was extra work

I found that you have to find that balance between how much work it is to keep the journal vs how much benefit you get from doing it.

The uploading Garmin data was easy enough that I stopped keeping paper logs in 2007

I don't keep any records anymore, though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why don't you have the time?  It's not like you're investing it in studying (we've seen your grades).

spent this weekend refinishing the handrail in the stairwell of the new house.....next weekend I'll be meeting with the kitchen design staff and maybe signing the construction contracts....then it's time to focus on the final exam....then the wife wants to go on a vacation...then the new semester starts.......

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday I got 40 mins in on the torture chamber,  It was a low gear spin fest working on keeping rpm's in the 90-95 rpm range.

Today, 40 minutes of LSD....except for 1 minute all out.  I suck too, as I only ran it up to 25 mph, on the torture chamber,,,which according to the formula the mfg publishes is about 430 watts.   For 1 minute, that sucks.

• Heart 1